Seeking a Legal Client Intake Specialist to join our office near Columbia, MD. The primary responsibility of the Intake Specialist will be to manage the firm’s client engagement process. The position will involve carefully evaluating submissions of client and matter information and enforcement of the firm’s file opening policies and procedures.
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to develop key relationships with both internal and external customers. Qualified applicants should have a positive and proactive attitude and have strong time management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review electronic client/matter submissions through Aderant Expert and Intapp, providing data quality control and supervision of the firm’s matter approval process.
- Perform conflict searches and evaluate results for conflicts of interest.
- Work closely with Legal Administrative Assistants, Attorneys, and firm management to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Draft and send engagement letters to clients.
- Track all engagement letters for countersignatures and save them in the firm’s electronic document management system.
- Report to the Client Conflicts and Intake Supervisor, communicating all potential issues and possible improvements regarding the engagement process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Law firm experience and knowledge about the interpretation of conflicts of interest is highly desired.
- Experience with Aderant Expert, Intapp, and Net Documents is desired, but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, multitasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- 37.5 hours per week, normally 8:30-5:00, with some flexibility.
To apply, email resume to Karla States (email@example.com) and include “Client Intake Specialist” in the subject line.