Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing law firms in the United States, is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer. As a key member of the Firm’s executive management team, the CFO will report to the CEO and assume a strategic and operational role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, billing, collections, forecasting, payroll, strategic planning, private and institutional financing. The CFO will have responsibility for managing and reporting on the firm’s cash transactions and preparation and delivery of the income and balance sheet. This is a hands-on management position, meaning that the CFO will be expected to be able to prepare and analyze all financial performance reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
· Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
· Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance, accounting, billing, collections, and payroll functions of the organization.
· Manage cash flow daily.
· Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range financial planning.
· Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
· Provide shareholder information on the firm’s financial position.
· Responsible for evaluating equity and debt structures to determine affordability of growth and deployment of financial resources / capital.
· Responsible for communicating of financial information to shareholders and stakeholders.
· Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and reporting.
· Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
· Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
· Own the Firm’s relationship with our external accountant, banks and other financial institutions.
· Supervise all Accounting and Billing staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
· Proficiency with Excel and other financial applications.
· 20+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a law firm or other professional services company.
Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
If interested, send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “CFO” in the subject line.