The Attorney Transition Specialist (Onboarding/Offboarding) is an administrative position that will work closely with the EIS Program Manager and Engagement & Integration Manager to facilitate the successful onboarding and offboarding of attorneys, their clients, and staff. The primary objective of this role is to ensure that client transfer lists are entered into the firm’s intake and conflict system as attorneys are onboarded to the firm, and any clients who pass the conflict check are provided with the necessary engagement letters (and waivers, as necessary) to ensure clients do not experience a service gap upon their attorney’s arrival at the firm. In addition to supporting the onboarding and integration of new attorneys, the Attorney Transition Specialist ensures the successful separation of clients and migration of client files upon an attorney departure. The Attorney Transition Specialist will coordinate with members of the administrative and regional management teams to ensure separation-related tasks are completed. In addition, the they will provide project management and administrative support to the EIS Program Manager and Engagement & Integration Manager and others as needed in the onboarding, integration, and separation processes.
- Assist the EIS Program Manager in developing agendas, reports, and other materials in preparation for meetings, presentations, and projects related to attorney and attorney group affiliations.
- Complete review of the client transfer form, input of the client information into Intapp, and preparation engagement letters for Engagement & Integration Manager.
- Follow up with appropriate personnel, as directed, to ensure attorney affiliation tasks and assignments are completed on schedule.
- Assist the EIS Program Manager with offboarding tasks including running reports, researching and tracking client transfer requests and coordinating file transfers.
- Manage a variety of projects, both operational and strategic, for the EIS Program Manager, through the following activities:
- Build and maintain project schedules.
- Organize, schedule, and attend meetings.
- Keep meeting minutes and assign action items from meetings.
- Prepare regular reports and status updates on project progress.
- Facilitate clear, effective, and efficient communications amongst project and management teams.
- Serve as point of contact on project related issues and concerns and prioritize and escalate to the EIS Program Manager as appropriate.
- Maintain and update resources such as the Onboarding department pages on the intranet.
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes and process improvements to meet business goals.
QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Extensive experience in records management, data entry, document processing, or administrative support positions.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize, manage, and successfully deliver multiple projects on aggressive and competing deadlines.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to find solutions to challenging issues and adapt to complex and rapidly changing business operations.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently with a strong focus on ownership, accountability and follow-through.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide variety of personalities.
- Some day trips to our offices.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
If interested, please send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Attorney Transition Specialist” in the subject line.