Seeking an experienced Accounting leader to join our team. The Associate Director of Accounting, in conjunction with the Director of Financial Operations, is responsible for directing the Firm’s various accounting functions under both accrual and modified cash accounting principals and procedures. (S)He will be responsible for strengthening internal controls as also leveraging technology to streamline transaction processing. Must have strong proficiency in accounting, financial, and treasury concepts and be able to plan, implement and accomplish tactical and strategic initiatives.
Major Business Objectives:
- Responsible for formulating and maintaining firm accounting internal controls for all accounting and finance transaction processing and reporting. Overall responsibility of firm accounting functions.
- Ownership of Firm’s General Ledger including account reconciliation and analysis; and monthly and annual financial statements preparation and reporting.
- Work with outside accountants for financial statement review/audit and firm tax filings in various jurisdictions.
- Local, state, and federal tax compliance and reporting; registration and set up in new jurisdictions for corporate and payroll purposes.
- Smooth processing of all employee payrolls.
- Managing offshore support team for cash application of trust and operating account deposits; other related accounting activities.
- Working with Director of Financial Operations, evaluate the firm’s credit needs. Liaise with bank(s) for securing appropriate funding at the best possible borrowing rates and present it to management for selection and approval.
- Recommend and lead other tactical and strategic initiatives to improve the efficiency and service level of the accounting organization.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of corporate accounting experience in a professional services environment.
- Skills: Demonstrated use of generally accepted accounting principles combined with excellent analytical and technical finance skills to solve challenges in professional setting. Great attention to detail with strong organizational, as well as oral and written communications skills. A team leader who can deliver solutions from concept to implementation.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We are an EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
To apply email resume to Karla States (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Associate Director of Accounting” in the subject line.