We are currently seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our Columbia, MD office.
The Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including the accounts payable, account reconciliation, and general ledger accounting. The Accounting Specialist must be organized, and detail-oriented, with excellent communication and time management skills.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, invoices, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Assist the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including transaction processing, generating financial reports, preparing taxes, developing budgets, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage accounts and payment schedules for vendors and employees.
- Provide assistance with client receipt application for both accounts receivable and trust accounts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- Understanding of accounting principles, rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the professional services industry.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Positive and proactive attitude, with strong organization skills.
- Computer skills such as Excel, with knowledge of bookkeeping software. Experience with Aderant a plus.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest growing law firms in the mid-Atlantic region. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k)matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Accounting Specialist” in the subject line.