Do you have children and are fighting for custody? Don’t make these mistakes and ruin your claim. Call our New Jersey lawyer to get started.
Best Form of Child Custody for Your Family
- Parents generally begin by considering how they will share legal and physical custody of their children.
- One parent may be designated the parent of primary residence – the parent with whom the child or children will live the majority of the time. The other parent is then referred to as the parent of alternate residence.
- Contention arises when both parents hope to be the parent of primary residence, and many factors can affect the potential success of a 50/50 custody arrangement.
- If a 50/50 arrangement is not suitable for your family, one parent may be the primary parent, and the parent of alternate residence may have a specified parenting time schedule.
- There’s no cookie-cutter approach to custody. The real question is, “What’s in the best interest of the children?” Ideally, parents can build plans that truly focus on the children. Because parents are generally best equipped to make this determination, they should do their best to focus on what’s best for the child or children.
Children During the Divorce
- You and your spouse are often best suited to know your children the best and know what is best for them.
- Mediation is a good choice when it comes to divorce and children.
- You will want to provide the children with the most stability possible during the divorce process.
Parenting Time and Visitation
- Parenting time and custody are essential components in a divorce involving children.
- Schedules can vary based on the best interest of the children.
- Holidays, birthdays, and special events should also be considered when developing a schedule.
Do you have children and are fighting for custody? Don’t make these mistakes and ruin your claim. Contact our New Jersey Child Custody Lawyer to schedule your free legal consultation and case evaluation and to get started on your claim.
ABOUT TANYA FREEMAN
Tanya L. Freeman is a Principal in the firm’s Family Law Group. An accomplished client advocate, Ms. Freeman provides legal representation in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child and spousal support, child custody, interstate custody, relocation disputes and domestic violence matters.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. With 17 offices and nearly 250 lawyers who counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice, Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration. For more information, visit www.offitkurman.com.
DELAWARE | MARYLAND | NEW JERSEY | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | PENNSYLVANIA |SOUTH CAROLINA | VIRGINIA | WASHINGTON, DC