Inspiring Views from the Bright SideSM
1. What are the goods/services offered by your primary business?
We are a manufacturer and distributor of packaging materials.
2. What did you launch in response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
We helped convert a uniform manufacturer to make face masks, built screens for workers in manufacturing plants and imported infrared thermometers from China.
3. What steps did you take to develop and promote your new initiative?
We combined social media and email blast campaigns to promote the products. We have sold over 20,000 masks and 1,000 thermometers so far.
4. What or who inspired you to undertake this effort?
My financé and I banded together to launch the businesses to help our friends, family, and customers get much-needed PPE that was hard to find.
5. What results have you seen so far from this initiative?
We have met so many new people from all over the country and reconnected with friends we haven't heard from in awhile. We make custom branded masks which has helped companies stand out in tough time.
6. How do you define success for your project?
We have helped make lives easier for people we care about.
We have honed our entrepreneurial skills and learned many new tricks that will serve us well in the future.
We worked around the clock to run a scrappy, fast-paced business while running our businesses too.
7. What are the biggest challenges for you to meet your goal?
Time. We are making sure we run our businesses while tending to the needs of our mask and IRT customers. We worked many 16+ hour days including weekends to keep our promises.
8. How long do you anticipate continuing this effort?
We will continue until the supply chain is back in line and demand reverts to traditional supply.
9. What have you learned by undertaking this project?
That my fiancé and I can do anything together. We are an amazing team with superpowers and we will continue to use them for good.
10. How can others learn more about your COVID-19 response efforts?
That with a strong network and a ton of hard work, you can accomplish anything.