On Wednesday, December 3 from 11:30 am-2 pm I’ll be speaking on “Hot Legal Topics in Community Management” at the Charlotte Lunch ‘n Learn of the NC Chapter of the Community Associations Institute. The program is at Maggiano’s Little Italy at South Park Mall (4400 Sharon Road) in Charlotte. The cost for the program is $30 for CAI members/$40 for non-members. Topics will include:
- Must your HOA or condominium association have workers’ compensation insurance?
- Are you setting yourself up for a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)?
- What are your obligations under new federal laws as to the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) and the disclosure of Non-Public Personal Information (NPPI)?
- Options for cash-strapped associations.
- Update on 2014 legislation impacting community associations.
- What you need to know about the Wallach v. Linville Owners Association decision.
- Expectations for the upcoming legislative session, including manager licensing, fidelity bonds, audits and more!
A flyer with details can be found at Charlotte Lunch and Learn. If you wish to attend, please register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE at http://www.cai-nc.org/Form/10363~171009/Piedmont-Lunch-n-Learn-Dec-3-2014 or by calling CAI-NC at 919-929-9312, as you must register to attend. Sponsorships are available at http://bit.ly/1onKld0. Feel free to forward this information to any managers, directors, community members, or others who may be interested. Please also bring a non-perishable food item donation for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina!