Intellectual Property attorney Jonathan Wachs, researches recent and important IP news and compiles the information for his weekly blog, Friday Factoids. Mr. Wachs keeps each post short and to the point, providing links at the end of his content where readers can access more information on the topic. The Friday Factoid blog ranges in topics. Most recently Mr. Wachs has addressed:
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) recent authorization of additional generic top-level domains (such as .com and .net) to be registered and used. Among these new domains are dating, .email, and .careers. Read More
- The increase of USPTO-issued patents that name a women as one of the investors. In 2010, women received one-third of the the trademarks issued by the USPTO to individuals.
- The top five songs that generate income based on royalties. “Happy Birthday” is the highest earning song bringing in $50 million
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. and other owners of rights in the James Bond franchise filled a copyright infringement claim against NBCUniversal and others…Read More
- Music production companies and movie studios recently sued Megaupload and its key operators on claims Megaupload facilitated and promoted access to pirated copyright protected content.
You can check out all of Mr. Wachs ‘ Friday Factoids by clicking here. If you would like to sign up to have a fact delivered weekly to your inbox you can sign up here. If you have a question regarding Intellectual Property please contact Jon Wachs at: firstname.lastname@example.org | 301.575.0302 Jonathan Wachs provides strategic counseling and operational advice to clients in the areas of intellectual property, commercial transactions and outsourced legal departments. As head of the firm’s Intellectual Property Group, Mr. Wachs works closely with clients to develop, register, analyze, enforce, and transfer intellectual property assets in a customized, cost-efficient, and highly effective manner. Additionally, he conducts intellectual property audits through which clients learn the nature and value of their intellectual property assets and the steps needed to protect such assets from misappropriation or dilution. As a business lawyer, he has successfully negotiated and completed several multimillion dollar business transactions and has served as general counsel to several small and midsize businesses and organizations in various industries and professions. He also manages a blog about intellectual property issues, Friday Factoids. Mr. Wachs co-manages New Paradigm Counsel, a service through which Offit Kurman delivers customized, comprehensive and cost-effective outsourced legal departments. Through New Paradigm Counsel, Jon served as outsourced general counsel for a government contractor, a large printing business, a payment processing company and an identity theft restoration business.