Zach Glaser concentrates his practice in the areas of labor and employment and business litigation. Zach’s broad litigation experience includes complex commercial matters, business torts, employment litigation and intellectual property disputes, including contract claims, defending employment discrimination claims, the enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, federal and state unfair competition claims, defense of Fair Labor Standards Act claims, franchise and distribution disputes, lender liability and FINRA matters, professional negligence and medical malpractice defense, and all manners of intellectual property litigation, including trade secret matters, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act cases, e-commerce, trademarks, copyrights and patent litigation.
As a business counselor, Zach regularly acts as outside general counsel for clients in various aspects of strategic planning and risk management, including business structures, employment and HR counseling, contract negotiation, electronic document management and pre-litigation cost containment, and he conducts internal investigations in compliance and employment matters.
- Won a defense verdict for a healthcare system in a dispute with a food services vendor that involved claims of breach of contract and unjust enrichment, that was affirmed on appeal.
- Defended an internationally renowned non-profit charity and an Israeli tour operator in contentious litigation involving claims of contract breach, negligence, violation of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, and insurance coverage.
- Represented numerous clients in contentious business divorce matters, including a partner in a Philadelphia law firm, a retail merchant, and a partner in an internet marketing company.
- Successfully defended numerous claims of wrongful termination and defamation against a nursing home operator, including the grant of summary judgment in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and affirmation of that judgment by the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully defended a claim of misappropriation of trade secrets and won a declaratory judgment in a bet the business intellectual property litigation that was affirmed on appeal.
- Defended numerous Title VII discrimination and retaliation claims against fast food operators, technology companies, healthcare companies and professional services companies, several of which were won by grant of summary judgment.
- Represented a food services vendor in various actions to enforce non-competition agreements against former managers and in tortious interference claims against competitors.
- Successfully defended various misclassification claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented a purchaser of land from the Commonwealth Pennsylvania in a multi-million dollar acquisition that involved an investigation by the Office of the Attorney General.
- Represented a nursing home operator in the simultaneous sale of six nursing homes to two purchasers.
HONORS & AWARDS
In 2012, 2013 and 2014, Zach was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star. Zach is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating a lawyer can receive for both legal ability and ethical standards.