Thomas Major is a dynamic attorney dedicated to representing clients across a range of practice areas. He maintains practices in real estate law and landlord representation -- counseling clients in the multi-family and investment property industry. His advocacy is backed by extensive experience in all phases of litigation including the appellate level. With his skills as a first chair trial attorney, Mr. Major’s advocacy is marked by clarity and efficiency. His clients rely on his pragmatic and return-driven advice to protect and enhance their success.
Mr. Major is also an invited speaker and faculty on real estate and landlord-tenant subjects. These courses include:
- Rampersaud v. Hollingsworth, 456 N.J.Super. 502, 195 A.3d 841 (2018). Representation of Plaintiff-Landlord in a precedential ruling which expands the rights of a landlord to evict a tenant for damage to rental property.
- Ravi vs. DeRay & Noble, HUD-L-4665-16 (2016). Judgment, after trial, in client’s favor on contested prescriptive easement and adverse possession claims.
- 845 Bergen Avenue v. Yang t/a Marcel Cleaners, A-1234-13T1 (2013). Prevailed on appeal in a commercial tenancy matter involving a tenant’s breach of lease for violations of local laws.
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "New Jersey Basic CLE Marathon 2022", Practising Law Institute, March 2022
- "Legal Issues Concerning Short Term Rentals, Vrbos and Air BnBs (2022)", NJICLE, February 2022
- "How Covid-19 Has Reshaped New Jersey's Landlord-Tenant Practice", Quimby CLE, February 2022
- "NJ Commercial Landlord-Tenant Practices Post-Pandemic", Lawline, January 2022
- "NJ Residential Landlord Tenant Practice After 2021 Amendments", Lawline, January 2022
- "Major Claims & Defenses in New Jersey Commercial Landlord-Tenant Practice", Lawline, August 2019 (Presenter)
- "The Basics of Rent Control in New Jersey", Lawline, January 2020
- "Real Estate Transactions and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act", Lawline, January 2019
- "New Jersey Commercial Eviction Practice Notes & Forms", Lexis-Nexis Practice Guides, July 2019 (Author)
- “New Jersey Residential Eviction Practice Notes & Forms", Lexis-Nexis Practice Guides, July 2019 (Author)
- "NJ Landlord-Tenant Law for Real Estate Investors and Their Attorneys", Lawline, February 2018
- Two Sides, One Coin: A Beyond-the-Basics Discussion of New Jersey Landlord-Tenant Law, Lawline, April 2018
- "Introduction to New Jersey Landlord-Tenant Practice", Lawline, April 2017
See More: New Jersey Property Management Blog
- New Jersey’s Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars 2022
*Selected from 2012 consecutively through 2020 to be included in the New Jersey Super Lawyers (Rising Star) list published by Thomson Reuters based on peer review and other achievement-based factors. Not approved by New Jersey Supreme Court.* American Institute of Family Law Attorneys is not approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court.