Thomas Major is a dynamic attorney dedicated to representing clients across a range of practice areas. He maintains practices in real estate law and landlord representation -- counseling clients in the multi-family and investment property industry. His advocacy is backed by extensive experience in all phases of litigation including the appellate level. With his skills as a first chair trial attorney, Mr. Major’s advocacy is marked by clarity and efficiency. His clients rely on his pragmatic and return-driven advice to protect and enhance their success.
Mr. Major is also an invited speaker and faculty on real estate and landlord-tenant subjects. These courses include:
- Real Estate Transactions and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act
- NJ Landlord-Tenant Practice
- NJ Landlord-Tenant Law for Real Estate Investors and Their Attorneys
- Rampersaud v. Hollingsworth, 456 N.J.Super. 502, 195 A.3d 841 (2018). Representation of Plaintiff-Landlord in a precedential ruling which expands the rights of a landlord to evict a tenant for damage to rental property.
- Ravi vs. DeRay & Noble, HUD-L-4665-16 (2016). Judgment, after trial, in client’s favor on contested prescriptive easement and adverse possession claims.
- 845 Bergen Avenue v. Yang t/a Marcel Cleaners, A-1234-13T1 (2013). Prevailed on appeal in a commercial tenancy matter involving a tenant’s breach of lease for violations of local laws.
- "New Jersey Commercial Eviction Practice Notes & Forms" Lexis-Nexis Practice Guides, July 2019 (Author)
- “New Jersey Residential Eviction Practice Notes & Forms" Lexis-Nexis Practice Guides, July 2019 (Author)
AWARDS & HONORS
- New Jersey’s Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars 2019
Selected in 2019 to be included in the New Jersey Super Lawyers (Rising Star) list published by Thomson Reuters based on peer review and other achievement-based factors. Not approved by New Jersey Supreme Court.