Theodora Stringham assists individuals, businesses, and organizations with growing successfully while minimizing liability. Focusing on real estate and personnel needs, Ms. Stringham executes sustainable plans for real estate development and employee matters. She provides comprehensive representation for everyday growth issues, including, but not limited to, re-zonings, site plan approvals, eminent domain/valuation concerns, employment discrimination, and disciplinary issues. Ms. Stringham's scope of representation ranges from identifying potential liability and providing counseling/trainings, all the way through representation at trial.
Ms. Stringham has extensive trial experience. She litigates complex land use disputes, including but not limited to, eminent domain/condemnation matters, boundary line disputes, easement, zoning, access, and valuation concerns. She has served as a fee counsel for the Virginia Department of Transportation and has also provided representation to individual landowners and developers alike. Ms. Stringham also has significant appellate experience, having previously argued before the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Ms. Stringham also provides litigation support for employment issues. She provides trial representation for discrimination issues, non-compete matters, contract disputes, and disciplinary/termination concerns. Having previously represented both employees and management, she is available to provide employment counseling aimed at reaching workplace resolutions in a direct and effective manner.
Ms. Stringham believes in solutions-oriented representation, focused on preventing future issues and minimizing impact to resources. She is the author of the bimonthly blog “Real Developments in Virginia” which provides practical tips for individuals and businesses developing in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Ms. Stringham currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Real Estate Practice Section of the Fairfax Bar Association and Vice President of Legislative Affairs for the Society for Human Resources Management (NOVA SHRM). In addition, she serves on the Northern Virginia Women Attorney Association Board of Directors as Director of Ethics. She is committed to serving the community through pro bono and serves as a regular volunteer with the Fairfax County Bar Association’s Neighborhood Outreach and Employment Panel Programs.
- Virginia Evictions” moderator (Fairfax Bar Association), October 2020
- 2020 Virginia Employment Law Update (Offit Kurman and Sahouri), June 2020
- Returning to Work During COVID-19 (Offit Kurman and Sahouri), June 2020
- Paid Leave in the DMV: What You Need to Know (NOVA SHRM), May 2020
- Payroll Protection Program: Overview and Tips (Offit Kurman), April 2020
- Coronavirus: Creating a Legally Compliant Remote Workforce (Offit Kurman), March 2020
- Easements and Access Issues: An Attorney's Guide (National Business Institute), February 2020
- Practical Tips & Best Practices on How to Ensure Your Workplace is Covered in the #MeToo Movement (Northern Virginia SHRM), January 2020
- HR Academy (Northern Virginia SHRM), Tysons, VA September 2019
- Road Easement Law from A to Z (National Business Institute), Fairfax, VA July 2019
- Drug Testing Employees in a Complex Legal Landscape (Offit Kurman), Fulton, MD June 2019
- 12th Annual Eminent Domain Conference (CLE International), Irvington, VA May 2019
- Resolving Easement and Boundary Problems (National Business Institute), Fairfax, VA April 2019
- Real Estate in Your Practice Area (Fairfax Bar Association), Reston, VA February 2019
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation in Virginia (Fairfax Bar Association), Tysons Corner, VA January 2019
- Troubleshooting Employee Issues for Property Management Professionals (Offit Kurman), Webinar, November 2018
- The Creative and Proactive Use of Employee Handbooks to Minimize Liability (Offit Kurman), Tysons Corner, VA October 2018
- Virginia Legislative Update 2018: Real Estate (Fairfax Bar Association) Fairfax, VA September 2018
- Land Use Law: Current Issues in Subdivision Annexation and Zoning, National Business Institute, Fairfax, VA July 10, 2018
- Road and Easement Law from A to Z: Common Road and Access Problems and Solutions, National Business Institute, Washington D.C. April 9, 2018
- Sexual Harassment Prevention and Remediation, Employee seminar, Bethesda MD March 7, 2018
- Presenter at Fairfax Bar Association event, Real Estate in Your Practice Area, February 2018, Tysons Corner, Virginia
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star Award, Land Use and Zoning – Virginia, 2020
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star Award, Land Use and Zoning – District of Columbia, 2020
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Fairfax Bar Association, 2019
- President's Award, Fairfax Bar Association, recognizing outstanding service to the Bar, 2018
- Rutgers Law School Award for Pro Bono Excellence, 2011