Scott Lloyd spent ten years as in-house general counsel to midsize companies in the technology and food industries prior to joining Offit Kurman. He counsels emerging and midsize businesses on a wide array of legal issues in the areas of corporate governance, intellectual property, commercial transactions and dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and international trade. He has supported technology commercialization efforts as counsel and advisor to companies in several industries including information technology, engineering, specialty chemicals and energy, and provides specialized services to companies in FDA-regulated markets such as food and beverage, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Mr. Lloyd is a registered patent attorney who combines his scientific and professional experience to focus his practice on serving the needs of clients requiring an attorney with both legal and scientific expertise to address intellectual property and regulatory support needs. He counsels those companies on intellectual property strategy, assists them in gaining regulatory approvals for products and provides advice on compliance with international import and export regulations. Mr. Lloyd works primarily with small and midsize business owners seeking to implement growth strategies and succession plans.
In addition to working with clients on business issues, Mr. Lloyd maintains an active docket of patent and trademark applications on behalf of companies developing a diverse array of technologies such as software applications, consumer electronics, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other advanced technologies, helping clients build value through the procurement of intellectual properties and strengthening of their brands. He also serves on client due diligence teams involved in the purchase, sale and licensing of intellectual property assets to maximize returns.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
Mr. Lloyd has managed business-critical intellectual property portfolios and strategies and resolved high-value commercial disputes efficiently and extrajudicially. He has identified acquisition targets for successful buyout based on intellectual property values, and has developed intellectual property portfolios in support of new company launches. While in house, Mr. Lloyd has also contributed to the successful formation of international affiliates of domestic businesses as well as a $400,000,000 business acquisition.
- Wachs, J, Grissett, G, Katz, R and Lloyd, S, “Using an IP Audit Checklist: Best Practices to Identify, Protect, Monetize and Enforce University IP Assets”, Tech Transfer Central Webinar, Sep. 26, 2018.
- Lloyd, S, “The Role of Intellectual Property in Nutraceutical and Functional Food Product Markets”, IFT Annual Meeting 2008, Jun. 30, 2008
- Lloyd, S, “International Regulatory Challenges to GMO Product Development”, Food Technology Presents 2008, Apr. 16, 2008
- Lloyd, S, “Building Acquisition Value with Intellectual Property in the Medical Device Industry,” MD&M West, Jan. 30, 2008
- Lloyd, S, “Food Globalization and Intellectual Property: Critical Challenges and Growing Opportunities,” IFT Annual Meeting 2007, Aug. 29, 2007
- Lloyd, S, “Effective Development & Commercialization of Medical Device IP Through Strategic Partnerships,” MD&M East, June 12, 2007
- Lloyd, S, “Patent Licensing Considerations in the Wake of Medimmune v. Genentech,” PIUG 2007 Annual Meeting, May 8, 2007
- Lloyd S, Moeller T, Jensen NS. “Drug- or Metabolite-Induced Apoptosis in Plateable Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes,” SBS 2004 Annual Meeting
- Lloyd, S, “In Vitro Nephrotoxicity Evaluation Using Human Renal Cortical Epithelial Cells,” ETS 2001 Annual Meeting
Welcome back to the Saturday Side Bar, the alcohol-infused progeny of the Saturday Side Hustle and small business blog for…
As Published By Cannabis Law Report It has been just over a month since the public comment period closed in…
I had the pleasure of serving as general counsel to a food additive company following the enactment of the Food…View All