Scott Good utilizes his extensive legal experience in residential and commercial real estate and leasing matters to guide his clients through the legal process. By building a strong rapport with his clients, Mr. Good is able to cater to each of their unique and personal matters in a thorough and cost-effective manner. Although Mr. Good generally works with parties in connection with real estate and leasing transactions, he also has significant courtroom and trial experience having represented clients in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Good represents a variety of clients including but not limited to businesses, investors, developers, and lenders with an emphasis on ownership, management, development, and financing of varied real estate holdings.
Areas of focus include:
- Real estate transactions, including acquisition, disposition, financing and development. This work includes the negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, easements, restrictions, and other documents necessary to complete the deal. Additionally, Mr. Good provides guidance to clients in connection with land use and zoning matters and regularly appears before land development boards.
- Representation of property owners and property managers in connection with commercial and residential leasing matters. In this capacity, Mr. Good negotiates and prepares leases, prosecutes and defends eviction actions and related proceedings, provides representation in litigation, mediations, bankruptcy proceedings, administrative hearings, and compliance matters.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS AND SIGNIFICANT TRANSACTIONS
- Represented rapidly growing real estate development company in the preparation of leasing documents and compliance issues for 115-unit townhouse rental community
- Represented owner in the sale of a liquor store in Central New Jersey
- Represented owner in the sale of an auto parts store
- Represented franchise owner in the sale of business assets and real estate
- Representing the owner of a diner in connection with the sale of real estate to land developer
- Represented church in connection with an application for site plan approval
- Defending a residential property owner in a foreclosure action commenced based upon a fraud scheme
- Prosecuting a lawsuit for equitable mortgage and equitable ownership where plaintiff the victim of a real estate fraud scheme
- Successfully settled a multimillion dollar and multi-party construction dispute over the construction of a school
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- 2020 South Jersey Magazine Top Attorney in the area of Landlord-Tenant Law
- 2019 South Jersey Magazine Top Attorney in the area of Real Estate
- 2016 South Jersey Biz 40 Under 40
- Scott regularly speaks before the South Jersey Real Estate Investors Association
- Former Instructor for the Don Haven Real Estate School