Mark Jewell has been practicing law for more than a decade with a focus on construction contracting – particularly multi-family housing construction – and business transactions. As one of fewer than 30 attorneys in the state of Maryland to have been certified by the U.S. Green Building Counsel Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design as a LEED Accredited Professional, Mark is particularly well qualified to assist builders and owners in the drafting and negotiation of contracts for projects meeting LEED certification requirements.
Mark is a graduate of American University’s Washington College of Law where he served as a senior associate on American University’s International Law Review. Prior to practicing law, Mark worked in management for a major utility company and then for a provider of consulting services to the utility industry.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Negotiation and preparation of construction contracts, particularly for the development of multi-family housing.
- Negotiation and resolution of construction-related disputes.
- Development of contracts for use by homebuilders.
- Development of contracts for use by companies engaged in construction subcontracting.
- Negotiation of contracts for restaurant construction.
- Negotiation and drafting of six- to eight-figure contracts for the sales of businesses.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts for shopping center construction.
- Provision of guidance for construction companies on regulatory compliance.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts with hotels on behalf of travel management services companies.