“As a Family Law attorney I get satisfaction from the connection I have with my clients and being able to use my skills to help them solve their problems, move forward and thrive after a separation or divorce.”
— Marjorie Just
Marjorie Just’s practice as a family law attorney focuses on the negotiation, settlement and litigation of complex family law matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia, including issues of property distribution, custody, child support, alimony, same-sex marriage and domestic partnerships. She prepares family-related agreements such as, pre-marital agreements, separation agreements and reproductive agreements. She is also trained as family mediator and collaborative lawyer.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Named as one of the "2017 Top Divorce Lawyers" by Bethesda Magazine in its July/August edition
- Named as one of the "2010 Top Divorce Lawyers" by Bethesda Magazine in it's May/June edition
- Awarded an “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is a peer rating that signifies the highest level of legal ability and professional ethics
- Founding member of the Collaborative Divorce Association in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Founding member of the Maryland Collaborative Practice Council
- Volunteer family law mentor for the District of Columbia Law Firm Pro Bono program
- Recipient of the 1998 Montgomery County, Maryland, Bar Foundation's Annual Pro Bono Service Award
Patient Testimonial Privilege and What to Do When a Lawyer Calls, presented to The Tree House Child Assessment Center of Montgomery County, Maryland - November 2017
Published Case: Atkinson vs. Atkinson, 730 A.2d 667 (D.C., 1999).
Ms. Just is the author of “Divorce Decisions: Practical Ways to Protect Yourself, Your Children and Your Wallet,” published in August 2009 by Capital Books.
Ms. Just has spoken on various continuing legal education panels on issues relating to family law such as tracing of marital and non-marital property, the Fifth Amendment Privilege, drafting of separation agreements, the Child Support Guidelines and same-sex marriage and domestic partnerships.
To read an interview regarding Marjorie's book, click here.
Additional Practice Areas:
- Collaborative Law
- Child Support
- Custody and Visitation
- Same-Sex Marriage and Domestic Partnerships