Maggie DiCostanzo specializes in representing hospitals, post-acute care facilities, physicians and other healthcare providers, delivering health law advice and counseling as well as representation in regulatory, general and professional liability matters, intellectual property and vendor contracting. She is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- Fatigue and Safety. P. Weiss & P. Gluck (Authors) & T. Ivester (Ed.), Quality and Safety in Women's Health (pp. 144-148). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2018. Co-author.
- “Operation Five-Star: Service Excellence in the Medical Practice – cultural competency, post-adverse events, and patient engagement.” Book- Greenbranch Publishing, 2014. Co-author.
- “Sorry Works! 2.0 Disclosure, Apology and Relationships Prevent Medical Malpractice Claims.” (2d edition) Book - Author House, 2010. Co-author.
- “Key Disclosure Facts for Nurses and Staff: Your Role in the Disclosure Continuum,” Booklet. 2009. Co-author.
- “Five Facts Every Doctor Needs to Know About Disclosure and Apology,” Booklet. 2009. Co-author.
- “Engaging Patients as Safety Partners: a guide for reducing errors and improving satisfaction” (Spath P. ed.) Book chapter - Chicago: Health Forum, 2008. Co-author.
- “The Satisfied Patient: A Guide to Preventing Malpractice Claims By Providing Excellent Customer Service.” Book - 2d edition, 2008. Co-author. (HCPro, Inc.).
- “Sorry Works! Disclosure apology and relationships prevent medical malpractice claims.” (1st ed.) – Book, Author House, 2007. Co-author.
- “Avoiding Medicolegal Complications,” Minimizing Endoscopic Complications: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, 2007 Jan; 17(1):197-207. Book chapter co-authored with Peter Cotton, MD and J. Saxton.
- “Five-Star Customer Service: A Step-by-Step Guide for Physician Practices.” Book - HCPro, Inc., 2005. Co-author.
- “15 Policies and Procedures to Reduce Liability for Physician Practices.” HCPro, Inc., 2005. Co-author.
- “Opportunities for Loss Control in an Alternative Risk Financing Structure.” Book Chapter, Loss Control Implications, American Health Lawyers Association, (LEXIS publisher), 2005. Co-author.
- “A Guidebook for Professionals: Partnering with Patients to Reduce Medical Errors.” (P. Spath ed.) Book chapter, AHA Press, 2004. Co-author of book chapter titled: “Enabling Patient Involvement without Increasing Liability Risk.” Articles 1. “Redefining the ‘Legal Medical Record’ and How to Be Prepared to Respond to Legal Requests for a Patient’s Legal Medical Record.” J. of Medical Practice Management. Summer 2017.
- “Reduce Liability Risk by Improving Your Patient Satisfaction.” Press Ganey, July 2008. Co-authored with Press Ganey staff: Stefoni A. Bavin, and Sarah Stawiski. 2. “Bariatric Surgery: A Comprehensive Bariatric Program Can Act to Reduce Liability Risks and to Promote Patient Safety,” Bariatric Surgery White Paper, 2005, Co-author.
- “Working Group on Overcoming the Challenge Associated with Electronic Medical Records, Patient Portals and Audit Trails in Obstetrics Practice” ACI’s 17th Annual Advanced Forum on Obstetric Malpractice Claims, co-presenter, June 26, 2018, Philadelphia, PA.
- “Issues in Corporate Compliance” Symposium Presbyterian Sr. Care. April 19, 2017.
- “Penn Highlands Healthcare” 1st Semi-Annual Physician Education Seminar, January 27, 2016, Dubois, PA.
- “Proactively Mitigate HIPAA Data Breach Costs in the Healthcare Setting” Healthcare Financial Management Association Educational Seminar, Central Pa. Chapter, Nov. 5, 2015, Enola, PA.
- “Catastrophic Verdicts, Reinsurance and The Patient Safety Movement” ACI’s 14th Annual Advanced Forum on Obstetric Malpractice Claims, co-presenter with Richard Henderson Vice President of Transatlantic Reinsurance Co., June 24, 2015, Philadelphia, PA.
- “Documentation and Event Management” Educational presentation for Willow Valley Retirement Communities Staff, June 10, 2015, Willow Valley Retirement Community.
- “The Basics of Pennsylvania’s Advance Directives for Post-Acute Facilities and Staff” Pennsylvania Health Care Association, Webinar, May 19, 2015.
- “Professionalism in a Changing Workplace: Strategies for Avoiding and Managing Conduct Reviews.” Am. Coll. of Obstetricians & Gynecologists Webinar, March 10, 2015.
- "Reducing your Professional Liability Risk and Enhancing your Practice” American College of Surgeons Surgery Resident Program, Oct. 27, 2014, San Francisco, California.