Ms. Longaker’s primary areas of concentration include general corporate advising, administrative hearings, and state and federal appellate litigation. She advises start-ups and small businesses during all stages of the business’s life-cycle. She regularly drafts organizational documents, reviews commercial leases, negotiates franchising agreements, and assists with the sale of corporate entities. Ms. Longaker represents many businesses that require liquor licenses, including restaurants, package goods stores, agricultural producers, and manufacturers. She represents clients before county agencies in their applications for new licenses, transfers of existing licenses, or defense of challenged licenses. She also handles land use and zoning matters, real property transactions, and homeowners’ association matters.
Ms. Longaker recently served as President of the Howard County Bar Association for the 2016-2017 term. She is currently serving as a representative for Howard County on the Maryland State Bar Association’s Board of Governors.
Ms. Longaker holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law, and Bachelor’s Degrees in Political Science and History, with honors, from the University of Kansas College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Ms. Longaker was born in Pennsylvania and raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. After nearly a decade living in Kansas and Arkansas, she now proudly calls Howard County, Maryland, her home.
When you are a small business owner, you wear every hat. I get that. Having previously launched my own firm, I am particularly sensitive to the challenges that entrepreneurs face. I work with my clients to help them navigate legal hurdles, so they can focus on growing their businesses and achieving their goals.
— Kelcie Longaker
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star. 2015 - 2019
- Maryland State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Best Project, 2016
- Howard County Bar Association Service Award, 2013
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Strategic Planning Committee 2018 - 2019
- Maryland State Bar Association: Board of Governors from 2017 – 2019,
- Young Lawyers Section Council from 2014 – 2016
- Annual Meetings Committee Co-Chair from 2015 – 2016
- Membership Committee Co-Chair from 2014 – 2015,
- Member from 2010 – present
- Maryland State Bar Association’s Agricultural Law Section:
- Chair from 2016 – 2017,
- Chair-Elect from 2015 – 2016
- Member from 2014 – present
- The Hon. James MacGill American Inns of Court:
- Chair from 2017 – 2018,
- Programs Chair from 2015 – 2017, Member-at-Large
- Board of Directors from 2013 – 2014,
- Member from 2012 – present
- Howard County Bar Association
- Immediate Past President from 2017 – 2018,
- President from 2016 – 2017
- President-Elect from 2015 – 2016
- Treasurer from 2014 – 2015
- Secretary from 2013 – 2014
- Co-Chair, Community Outreach Committee from 2011 – 2014
- Member from 2011 – present
- Wranglers Law Club: Member 2015 – present
- Howard County Women’s Bar Association
- Liaison with Howard County Bar Association from 2013 – 2014
- Member-at-Large, Board of Directors from 2012 – 2014