Kelcie Longaker is a Principal at Offit Kurman, where she practices in the firm's Business Law & Transactions, Health Care Law, Hospitality, and Nonprofit Entities areas. Ms. Longaker advises highly regulated businesses through all stages of the business's life-cycle. She regularly assists with the sale of corporate entities subject to local, state, and federal licensing requirements.
Kelcie is well versed in the highly regulated medical and veterinary industries and routinely advises practices on their transactions, including doctor-to-doctor sales, and sales to larger corporate groups. These transactions can include both cash and equity components.
Additionally, Ms. Longaker represents many businesses that require liquor licenses, including restaurants, package goods stores, agricultural producers, and manufacturers. She represents clients before county agencies in their applications for new licenses, transfers of existing licenses, or defense of challenged licenses.
Kelcie works closely with a team of attorneys and professionals to assist clients with their mergers and acquisitions. Offit Kurman boasts a range of highly skilled counsel in all areas relevant to a transaction, including tax advising, employment issues, and transfer of leases and owned real property.
Ms. Longaker served as President of the Howard County Bar Association for the 2016-2017 term. From 2017-2019, she served as a representative for Howard County on the Maryland State Bar Association’s Board of Governors. In 2018-2019, she was on the Strategic Planning Committee for the Maryland State Bar Association’s Board of Governors. She has also served as the Chair of the Hon. James MacGill American Inns of Court, a board member of the Howard County Women’s Bar Association, and as head of the Wrangler’s Law Club.
Ms. Longaker holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law, and Bachelors Degrees in Political Science and History, with honors, from the University of Kansas College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
When you are a small business owner, you wear every hat. I get that. Having previously launched my own firm, I am particularly sensitive to the challenges that entrepreneurs face. I work with my clients to help them navigate legal hurdles, so they can focus on growing their businesses and achieving their goals.
— Kelcie Longaker
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015 - 2022
- Maryland State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Best Project, 2016
- Howard County Bar Association Service Award, 2013
- George Washington University School of Business
- Women in Leadership Advisory Council
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Strategic Planning Committee 2018 - 2019
- Maryland State Bar Association: Board of Governors from 2017 – 2019
- Young Lawyers Section Council from 2014 – 2016
- Annual Meetings Committee Co-Chair from 2015 – 2016
- Membership Committee Co-Chair from 2014 – 2015
- Member from 2010 – present
- Maryland State Bar Association’s Agricultural Law Section:
- Chair from 2016 – 2017
- Chair-Elect from 2015 – 2016
- Member from 2014 - 2019, 2020 – present
- The Hon. James MacGill American Inns of Court:
- Chair from 2017 – 2018
- Programs Chair from 2015 – 2017, Member-at-Large
- Board of Directors from 2013 – 2014
- Member from 2012 – present
- Howard County Bar Association
- Immediate Past President from 2017 – 2018
- President from 2016 – 2017
- President-Elect from 2015 – 2016
- Treasurer from 2014 – 2015
- Secretary from 2013 – 2014
- Co-Chair, Community Outreach Committee from 2011 – 2014
- Member from 2011 – present
- Wranglers Law Club: Member 2015 – present
- Howard County Women’s Bar Association
- Liaison with Howard County Bar Association from 2013 – 2014
- Member-at-Large, Board of Directors from 2012 – 2014
- Business Opportunity Network, Columbia Chapter: Member, 2020-present
- Central Maryland Chamber of Commerce, Member: 2021-present