Ms. Longaker’s primary areas of concentration include general corporate advising, administrative hearings, and state and federal appellate litigation. She advises start-ups and small businesses during all stages of the business’s life-cycle. She regularly drafts organizational documents, reviews commercial leases, negotiates franchising agreements, and assists with the sale of corporate entities. Ms. Longaker represents many businesses that require liquor licenses, including restaurants, package goods stores, agricultural producers, and manufacturers. She represents clients before county agencies in their applications for new licenses, transfers of existing licenses, or defense of challenged licenses. She also handles land use and zoning matters, real property transactions, and homeowners’ association matters.
Ms. Longaker recently served as President of the Howard County Bar Association for the 2016-2017 term. She is currently serving as a representative for Howard County on the Maryland State Bar Association’s Board of Governors.
Ms. Longaker holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law, and Bachelor’s Degrees in Political Science and History, with honors, from the University of Kansas College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Ms. Longaker was born in Pennsylvania and raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. After nearly a decade living in Kansas and Arkansas, she now proudly calls Howard County, Maryland, her home.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star. 2015 - 2018
- Maryland State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Best Project, 2016
- Howard County Bar Association Service Award, 2013
- Federal Bar Association: Charitable LLCs, July 2017
- National Business Institute: Advanced Contract Drafting, September 2016
- Maryland State Bar Association Annual Meeting: Agricultural Law Section, Moderator June 2016