A seasoned courtroom lawyer for over 25 years, Mr. Fields has litigated, arbitrated and mediated commercial matters in numerous jurisdictions from inception through trial. He has a diverse background representing owners and developers in construction contracting and litigation, and financial services, telecommunications, insurance, internet, real estate, and other commercial clients in business matters, arbitrations, and federal and state court litigations. In addition to his trial-level experience, he is a veteran appellate practitioner. Over the course of his career, Mr. Fields has successfully litigated a number of construction and real estate disputes, insurance coverage matters, civil RICO cases, high-level exposure toxic tort matters, reinsurance disputes, development disputes and telecommunications matters, among others.
Past and present experience includes litigating and settling multi-million dollar Directors' & Officers' insurance coverage issues for Fortune 100 companies, recovering large sums under Errors and Omissions insurance policies, litigating multi-million dollar casualty losses and large-scale environmental cost recovery matters, and representing financial institutions in high-stakes litigations.
- 01/06/16: Supply Agreements: Structuring Defense, Indemnity and Insurance Provisions ; Steven H. Weisman and Joseph F. Fields - Strafford
- 10/22/15: How to Deal with the Insurer in the Arbitration and Mediation Process; Sarah B. Biser and Joseph F. Fields - CPR Construction Committee Webinar
- 07/2014: Joseph F. Fields spoke at the Lorman Webinar on "Errors & Omissions for Real Estate Professionals"
- 07/10/14: The ABCs of E&O Insurance ; Adam Budesheim and Joseph F. Fields - Webinar - Lorman
- 05/02/14: Breakfast with McCarter: Cybersecurity Threats-liability, Damages & Insurance;
- Sarah B. Biser, Scott S. Christie and Joseph F. Fields
- 10/15/13: Contractual Indemnification Obligations and Insurance Coverage - Risk Transfer, Practice and Pitfalls; Joseph F. Fields and Steven H. Weisman - ALM CLE Conference
- 02/28/13: Sandy Insurance Coverage and Claims; Nicholas M. lnsua and Joseph F. Fields; Risk Management Council Meeting (Winter 2013) for the Manufacturer's Alliance for Productivity and Innovation, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- 2012: Business Interruption and Contingent Losses ; Manufacturers' Alliance for Progress & Innovation, Risk Management Council, Florida
- 03/22/16: Joseph Fields Co-Moderates "An Evening with Connecticut's Insurance Commissioner Katharine L. Wade"
- New York High Court Applies All Sums Allocation To Long-Tail Claims Under Certain Insurance Policies - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Product Recalls and Insurance: Considerations to Maximize Covered Expense- M&E Insurance Coverage A!ert
- Fourth Circuit Finds Insurer Must Defend Data Breach Claims Against Jts Insured Under Its Standard CGL Policy- M&E Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Alert
- Court Extends Kemper Insurance Company's Contingent Claims Filing Deadline - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Food and beverage industry target of new supply chain composition and disclosure suits. Are you covered? - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Food Recall Events: The Importance of Evaluating Your Insurance Coverage Before a Voluntary and Mandatory Food Recall - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Kemper Insurance Company Contingent Claims Filing Deadline Is Fast Approaching: Want You Need To Know - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Preparing for and Recovering from Winter·Storm Juno - Insurance Coverage Alert- M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Coverage for Investigations and Conflicting Endorsements: Syracuse University Decision is Great for Policyholders- M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Not All Policies Are Created Equal; Evergreen State Appeals Court Blocks Policyholder Reach to Excess Insurance After Settlement With Primary Insurer - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Contractual Indemnification Obligations and Insurance Coverage • Risk Transfer. Practice and Pitfalls Joseph F. Fields and Steven H. Weisman- ALM CLE Conference
- New York and New Jersey Announce Mediation Program for Superstorm Sandy Related Insurance Claims- M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Review Your Insurance Policies Before Filing Sandy-Related Claims- M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Good News for Homeowners: Insurers Cannot Charge Hurricane Deductibles- M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Supreme Court of California Allows Policyholder to Stack Insurance Policies to Maximize Coverage M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- Preparing for and Recovering from a Hurricane - M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- McCarter ForcePrimary Insurer to Pay lnsured's Silica and Asbestos Defense Costs- M&E Insurance Coverage Alert
- New Appleman Sports & Entertainment Insurance Law and Practice Gulde - Joseph F. Fields- Matthew Bender, Contributor, Directors' & Officers' Coverage Chapter
- Insurance Coverage for Subprime Lending Losses, Litigation & Investigations- Joseph F. Fields, (with others)- Real Estate Finance Magazine