Jerry William Boykin is a principal attorney who focuses his practice on complex civil litigation. As a member of the Commercial Litigation practice group, he also represents clients in corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, and other transactional work. For over 30 years, Mr. Boykin has been litigating on behalf of his clients on antitrust issues, restaurant franchise matters, copyright and trademark infringement, energy-related litigation, constitutional questions and business torts, such as breach of fiduciary duty. He has experience in more than 40 jury trials in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Mr. Boykin is a Vietnam veteran. He has been awarded the Bronze Star and Air Medal and is a retired Naval Reserve Officer.
- Feddeman & Co. v. Langen Associates Mr. Boykin was chief counsel in this case in which the jury awarded the largest verdict in state history under the Virginia Business Conspiracy statute
- Hanes Bankruptcy Adversary Proceeding The Hanes bankruptcy matter resulted in a judgment of $15 million for his client
- New Life Anointed Mechanics Lien Matter This landmark case was decided by the Virginia Supreme Court in 2013 and resulted in a partial reversal of the trial court to the benefit of his clients
- Friedman v. Five Guys Enterprises This six-day trial resulted in a verdict in favor of his client, Five Guys, on all counts
POINTS OF DISTINCTION:
- Virginia Trial Attorneys Hall of Fame — Inducted 2015
- 2016 AV Preeminent Peer Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®