“The trust that my clients place in me is a great responsibility that I work hard every single day to earn and renew. This trust motivates me to go the extra mile to ensure that every client receives cost-effective, practical and solid guidance in every matter.”
— Jason Klein
Jason Klein is a business attorney who focuses on cannabis in tightly-regulated markets on the east coast. Working with direct and ancillary cannabis businesses since 2011, Mr. Klein has a long track record assisting his clients in successfully navigating challenging regulatory and business operating environments amid uncertainty in new marketplaces. Mr. Klein guides cannabis clients through every stage of the business life-cycle, from business formation to sale. Mr. Klein's passion is structuring and negotiating all aspects of buy-side and sell-side M&A deals, including maneuvering through complicated compliance issues and applying traditional solutions to modern problems in ways that bring buyers and sellers together to complete their most important transactions.
Mr. Klein is a founding board member of the National Cannabis Bar Association and a frequent speaker at local and national events on cannabis business matters. He hosts a monthly webinar series, The Cannabusiness Key, which unites leaders in cannabis to explore a wide range of topics relevant to industry insiders and newcomers alike. Recent topics include “The State of Play in CBD Markets”, “How Cannabis is Redefining E-Commerce”, and “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Impact on Cannabis Business”. He is regularly published, quoted and profiled in publications such as the Baltimore Sun, Washington Lawyer, and the New Jersey Bar Journal, among others.
Mr. Klein holds a bachelor’s degree in physics with a minor in math (2002), master’s degree in public administration (2009), and J.D. (cum laude - 2009), all from Indiana University - Bloomington. He is licensed to practice in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Michigan.
- Insurance Roundtable of Baltimore 2018 Addison F. Fowler Annual Seminar - Presenter: An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure, October 12, 2018
- The Business of Medical Cannabis in Towson - Moderator, "Medicinal Marijuana", July 26 2018
- Maryland Association of Counties Conference - MACo Summer Conference, The Green Rush Panel, August 2017
- Cannabis Law Institute - Speaker and Moderator: "The Eastern Tiger: How Emerging Markets Are Taking Shape East of the Mississippi", July 2017
- State Bar of Michigan Conference, "Marihuana, What Every Lawyer Must Know", Michigan, October 2016
- Cannabis Business Understanding and Development Summit, "Doing Good While Doing Well with Your Cannabis Business", Washington D.C., August 2016
- Capital Cannashow, "Cannabis Business Basics 101", Washington D.C. February 2016
- Fall Regional Cannabis Business Summit, "Developments in the Law: Maryland and the District of Columbia", New York, NY 2015
- National Cannabis Business Summit, "East Coast Opportunities", Denver, CO 2012 and 2013
- Get on the Ban Wagon Local Cannabis Opt Outs (co-authored), The New Jersey Lawyer, October 2018
- Green Line Rule 1.2(d) and the Ethical Considerations in Advising Cannabis Clients in Maryland (co-authored), The Maryland Bar Journal, Volume L, Number 6, November/December 2017
The Cannabusiness Key | Compliance as a Competitive Advantage Brooke Butler is an energetic professional who spent the last…
The Cannabusiness Key | Maryland’s New Grower and Processor Licenses Did you know that Maryland is opening…
Nichole Galvin, an attorney at Offit Kurman, will discuss the prenuptial steps that should be taken when forming a cannabis business, and what you can do now to protect yourself and your business in a corporate divorce.
On Wednesday, the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) issued a new bulletin regarding changes of ownership and third-party management agreements…
Claiming Your Stake: Real Estate Considerations for Cannabis Companies Purchasing Real Estate with your Cannabis Company Every person who…