James is a Principal attorney with Offit Kurman’s Landlord Tenant group focusing primarily on Maryland properties. Prior to joining Offit Kurman, James was an Assistant Bar Counsel with the Attorney Grievance Commission. In that capacity, James prosecuted cases against Maryland attorneys and other individuals not licensed to practice law in Maryland. As a result, he has significant trial experience in Circuit Courts throughout Maryland and has argued numerous cases before the Maryland Court of Appeals.
- Maryland’s Peer Review, The Maryland Bar Journal, May/June 2014.
- Zealous Advocacy Revisited, The Maryland Litigator, MSBA Section, May 2014.
- Are you E-Competent?, The Maryland Bar Journal, January/February 2014.
- When Zeal Meets Dishonesty, The Maryland Bar Journal, September/October 2013.
- The Degradation of the Affidavit, The Maryland Litigator, MSBA Section, September 2013.
- Secure Communications, The Maryland Bar Journal, May/June 2013.
- Counseling “Of Counsel”, The Maryland Bar Journal, March/April 2013 (co-author).
- Escronomics, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association Newsletter, Winter 2012-2013.
- The Second Edge of the Maryland Lawyers’ Rules of Professional Conduct, The Maryland Litigator, MSBA Section, January 2013.
- #Waivingtheattorneyclientprivilege, The Maryland Bar Journal, September/October 2012.
- Who Gets the Clients?, The Maryland Bar Journal, May/June 2012.
- Ethical Binds When a Defendant’s Competence to Stand Trial is in Doubt, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association Newsletter, Winter 2011-2012.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Guest Speaker, Bar Counsel’s take on Social Media, Howard County Inns of Court, November 2014.
- Guest Speaker on Social Media, Southern Maryland Inns of Court, September 25, 2012.
- Lecturer/Panelist, Escrow Account Management and Pitfalls to Avoid, The Litigation Section of the Maryland State Bar Association, February 2, 2012.
When you are a Landlord, it is an absolute must that you create and maintain good and detailed business records…
Late last year the ABA Journal published a brief news article about an Oklahoma attorney who was forced to pay…