Jim A. Landon has practiced real estate law since 2002 and has been involved in real estate investment and construction for most of his life. Jim’s practice focuses on real estate transactions and land use.
Jim represents individuals and privately and publicly held companies in the purchase, sale, leasing, financing, and development of real property. He also represents title insurance companies on commercial purchases and refinancing transactions, as well as landlords in landlord/tenant matters.
Clients have described Jim as not only possessing the legal skills necessary for complex real estate transactions and projects, but the construction and finance background to understand the business aspects of the deal.
Jim teaches real estate law as an adjunct faculty member at Delaware Technical Community College
- Acquisition, financing and development of apartments, assisted living facilities, condominiums, hotels, residential developments, restaurants, schools, shopping centers and residential housing
- Commercial real estate leasing
- Residential and Commercial evictions
- Challenged deed restriction validity in court and achieved Chancery Court decision rejecting the validity of the restriction
- Ongoing creation, acquisition, and lease of numerous medical condominiums
- Real estate tax appeals resulting in $1M reduction assessed value
- Represented the seller of land, including three separate parcels in two states and separate seller financing for each parcel
- Represented national wireless communications provider in rooftop leases and zoning approval of installed equipment
HONORS & AWARDS
- Delaware Today® Top Lawyers, 2018-2019 (Real Estate)
- Delaware Super Lawyer Rising Stars®, 2012
- The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, Articles Editor
- Phi Delta Phi, Harrington Inn, Honors Fraternity
- Thomas H. Davis Business Scholar