Gregory Grissett helps businesses navigate complex intellectual property issues related to product development, marketing and capital investment, with experience spanning the apparel, textile, sporting goods, medical device, oil & gas, automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Gregory has a rare combination of experience in the international and business aspects of intellectual property (IP). He lived and worked in Paris, France, where he gained experience in U.S. and European patent procurement and enforcement. He also has business experience working with a major global materials corporation in IP management and licensing roles. Gregory's international perspective and practical experience help companies proactively manage IP development and enforcement issues unique to complex business operations.
- Assists a medical device company in developing a patent portfolio for vascular closure devices and assessing patent risk.
- Serves as a primary patent counsel for a multinational textile firm.
- Provides comprehensive IP counseling for a start-up company focused on IoT solutions for the pool and spa industry.
- Assists a company that develops and manufactures upstream oil & gas well equipment in expanding its U.S. and international patent portfolios and streamlining internal operations to help maximize IP procurement.
- Assisted a medical device company in developing and managing global patent portfolios for trauma and cranio-maxillofacial medical devices.
- Helped a major global corporation evaluate patent infringement concerning sporting goods across the U.S. and Europe, and then developed and implemented a licensing program resulting in supplemental licensing revenues for the corporation.
- Assisted a major apparel manufacturer in developing and managing U.S. and international patent portfolios and enforcing utility and design patents against a competitor.
- Assisted a major automotive supplier in streamlining global patent procurement operations and leveraging PCT strategies to better manage national patent prosecution activities.
- Assisted a major aerospace supplier in developing and managing U.S. and international patent portfolios.
- Helped a building products supplier assess IP risks related to a technology acquisition and manage those risks through deal closing and ongoing business operations.
- Assisted an electronic coupon and reverse logistics management company in developing U.S. patents and assessing patent risk.
Why You Need to Conduct an Intellectual Property Audit Offit Kurman’s Gregory Grissett Featured in Nectar Product Development Originally Published…
"WesternGeco v IonGeophysical: U.S. Patent Owners Can Recover Foreign Profits for Patent Infringement"
The U.S. Supreme Court has held that a patent owner can recover lost profits earned outside the United States for…