Mr. Celii devotes his practice to representing businesses and municipal entities navigating labor and employment disputes ranging from wage and hour litigation and work place discrimination defense to labor negotiations and the resolution of grievances. During his representation of Philadelphia-area Townships and Counties, he has successfully defended claims brought against public officials and advised municipalities on the drafting of local ordinances, such as Police Pension DROP amendments.
Mr. Celii’s litigation experience is varied. He has significant experience defending public transportation companies against personal injury claims; defending breach of contract, negligence and unjust enrichment claims brought against commercial banks; and pursuing collections and mechanic’s lien claims on behalf of construction companies.
Lastly, Mr. Celii is skilled in interpreting and analyzing contractual claims, specifically in the area of insurance. He has successfully litigated on behalf of policyholders, generally businesses, obtaining recoveries for claims originally denied or limited by insurers under commercial general liability policies.
“I enjoy partnering with businesses to help them efficiently assess and resolve conflicts with employees and regulatory agencies. My success is measured in the ability of the business to thrive under my counsel.”
— Gabriel Celii
SPEECHES & PUBLICATIONS
- "Insurance Coverage Update - Top Five Developments Policyholders Should Know" Legal Intelligencer In-House Counsel CLE Seminar, Philadelphia, PA (October 15, 2014).
- "Social Media Use and Employee Discipline" Lehigh Valley Managers Association, Plainfield Township Municipal Building-Northampton County, PA (October 16, 2015).
- "Working With Millenials - Social Media, Tattoos, and Piercings" PSATS Conference, Hershey, PA (April 18, 2016).
- "Tattoos, Piercings, and Body Modifications in the Workplace" The Authorities Region One 2016 Spring Meeting, Plymouth Meeting, PA (May 5, 2016).
- " Free Speech Can be Costly" Speaker/Presenter, PSATS Conference, Hershey, Pennsylvania (April 2021)
- "Understanding Sick Leave During a Global Pandemic" Speaker/Presenter, The Employment Review (May 2021)
Before joining the firm, Mr. Celii gained litigation and appellate experience while practicing at Faruqi and Faruqi, LLP and, before that, while practicing at a boutique Philadelphia firm, primarily handling Employment and Labor Law matters.