Edward DeLisle concentrates his practice in the areas of federal contracting, construction law, construction litigation and small business procurement and litigation. He has drafted and negotiated construction contracts, teaming agreements and joint venture agreements for subcontractors, contractors, developers and owners. Ed also actively monitors the progress of his clients' construction projects in order to safeguard those rights and remedies to which they are entitled. He has litigated, arbitrated and mediated complex construction and procurement cases in various jurisdictions and forums throughout the area.
Ed counsels clients in all aspects of small business procurement. He has assisted clients in obtaining certification as small and small disadvantaged businesses at the municipal, state and federal level. He has participated in bid protests involving Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, HUBZone and 8(a) set-aside contracts and regularly assists with responding to best-value procurements at the state and federal level. Ed also assists companies, both foreign and domestic, in international disputes involving the United States Government. He has assisted, or is currently assisting, clients on matters involving Department of Defense work in Germany, Lithuania, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and Somalia.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
Ed has testified before Congress and is a frequent lecturer and author on issues of concern to the construction and federal contracting industries. He has presented at the National 8(a) Association Conferences in Anchorage, Alaska; Orlando, FL; and Nashville, TN as well as at the AGC Federal Contractors Conference in Washington, DC. Ed has also spoken at AGC of America's national conference, where he discussed hot topics in federal government contracts. Ed has also lectured on how to appropriately team on federal projects, the SDVOSB verification process, changes in the SBA's small business programs, effective project documentation, strategies to obtain payment on construction projects and the legal protections provided by the bond and lien laws of various states.
Ed is a legal content contributor to both GovBizConnect and Onvia.
- "Federal Procurement Overview," SMACNA, Webinar, Presenter (March 2020)
- "FAR Part 9: Contractor Qualifications," J. Schaus & Associates, Webinar, Presenter, Washington, D.C. (February 2020)
- "CMMC & FedRamp: Cyber Security Requirements" National 8(a) Association 2020 Winter Conference, Moderator/Speaker, New Orleans, LA (February 2020)
- "The Brooks Act: A Primer on How the Federal Government Procures A/E Services” Halfmoon Education, Inc., Presenter, Harrisburg, PA (January 2020)
- "Cybersecurity-New Mandatory Requirements for Defense Contractors" Associated General Contractors of America Webinar, Presenter (December 2019)
- "Simplified Acquisitions-How, Why and When Government Uses Them" J. Schaus & Associates Webinar, Presenter, Washington D.C. (December 2019)
- "Simplified Acquisitions-A Beginners Guide" J. Schaus & Associates Webinar, Presenter, Washington D.C. (December 2019)
- “Navigating the Government Space” Bunker Labs Philadelphia, Panelist, Philadelphia, PA (October 2019)
- “Teaming and Joint Venturing to Win” Women Veteran Owned Small Business Initiative, Department of Veteran’s Affairs, Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Speaker, Washington, D.C. (October 2019)
- "Cybersecurity Enforcement is on the Rise. What Small Businesses Need to Know” HUBZone Contractors National Council, 2019 National Conference, Presenter, Chantilly, VA (September 2019)
- "Partnering to Win: Teaming, Joint Venturing, Mentor-Protege" Retired Military Officers Association, Presenter, Bowie, MD (September 2019)
- “Planning for Compliance: Compliance Issues for Government Contractors” American Small Business Coalition 'S.O.A.R.R., Executive Peer Program', Speaker; Baltimore, MD (August 2019)
- "How to Attract Large Corporations to Your Small Business" American Express Summit for Success, Panelist, Washington D.C. (June 2019)
- "Partnering to Win: Teaming, Joint Venturing, Mentor-Protege" Native Hawaiian Organizations Association Business Summit, Speaker, Honolulu, HI (June 2019)
- "Key Contract Provisions for Construction Contractors" American Express Summit for Success, Mentor, Washington D.C. (June 2019)
- "Partnering to Win: Teaming, Joint Venturing, Mentor-Protege" National 8(a) Association 2019 Summer Conference, Speaker, Anchorage, AK (June 2019)
- "How HUBZone Changes Affect Small Business Contractors" Scale2Market Podcast, Speaker/Interviewee (April 2019)
- "Do the SDVOSB Program Changes Affect You?" Scale2Market Podcast, Speaker/Interviewee (March 2019)
- "Protests, Claims & REAs- A Logical Approach" National 8(a) Association 2019 Winter Conference, Speaker, Nashville, TN (Winter 2019)
- "SBA's All-Small Mentor-Protege Program: A Case Study" National 8(a) Association 2019 Winter Conference, Moderator, Nashville, TN (Winter 2019)
- "Bid Protests in the Federal Space" J. Schaus & Associates Webinar, Presenter, Washington D.C. (December 2018)
- "Guide to Federal Contracting" SMACNA 75th Annual Convention, Speaker, San Diego, CA (October 2018)
- "SBA All-Small Mentor-Protege Program" Society of American Military Engineers Federal Small Business Conference, Panelist, New Orleans, LA (October 2018)
- "Debriefings - What Do You Really Get?" J. Schaus & Associates Webinar, Presenter, Washington D.C. (September 2018)
- "How to Qualify for SDVOSB Certification" J. Schaus & Associates Webinar, Presenter, Washington D.C. (August 2018)
- "Mergers and Acquisitions for Government Contractors" Ethical Stalking for Government Contractors, American Small Business Coalition, Speaker, Philadelphia, PA (July 25-26, 2018)
- "SBA Mentor/Protege Program: A Look at the Rules, Regulations and Benefits of the Program" American Express Summit for Success, Mentor, Washington D.C. (June 26, 2018)
- "An Introduction to REAs and Claims" National 8(a) Association 2018 Summer Conference, Speaker, Anchorage, AK (Summer 2018)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Ed has been selected to the 2016 and 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers lists in the field of Government Contracts. In 2015, Ed was also selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers in the field of Construction Litigation. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor.
- Ed was listed in the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list in the field of Construction Litigation from 2005-2008 by Super Lawyers Magazine.