Daniella Casseres’ legal practice focuses on laws and regulations governing mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, financial institutions and consumer finance companies. She regularly advises clients on state and federal compliance laws and regulations including fair lending, advertising, licensing, privacy, TILA, RESPA, FHA, FCRA, and BSA requirements.
Ms. Casseres drafts and reviews wholesale lending and mortgage loan purchase agreements, and structures loan originator compensation for mortgage companies. She also represents clients in federal and state regulatory investigations, and assists in related litigation matters.
Recently, Ms. Casseres was named Chair of the Financial Institutions Regulatory practice group. In addition, Ms. Casseres led the expansion of Offit Kurman by opening its New York City office in mid-town Manhattan. Ms. Casseres also works closely with the Offit Kurman’s affiliate company, Strategic Compliance Partners (SCP), which provides compliance support and monitoring services for the mortgage banking industry.
Ms. Casseres is a regular speaker at national and regional mortgage lending conferences and seminars where she speaks on mortgage lending issues and trends such as TRID implementation, marketing and social media compliance, structuring compliance management systems, loan origination compensation, fair lending, and federal and state enforcement actions.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Ms. Casseres regulated large and complex banking institutions for the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. She has also worked for the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
EVENTS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- 2017 Great River Mortgage Conference
- National Association of Professional Mortgage Women Annual Convention 2017
- NYMBA Annual Convention 2017
- 2nd Annual Consumer Lending Summit
- Lenders One Winter Conference 2017
- Lenders One Summer Conference 2016
- National Association of Professional Mortgage Women Annual Conference
- Great River MBA Conference
- Online Lead Generation Council - Mortgage Lead Generation Webinar: Avoiding Regulatory Issues
- California Mortgage Brokers Association
- California Association of Mortgage Professionals Fall Conference
- National Association of Professional Mortgage Women Compliance Quarterly Webinar Series
- National Association Hispanic Real Estate Professionals Westchester/Bronx January 2016 Luncheon
- ACI’s Consumer Lending Regulatory Compliance Conference 2015
- California Mortgage Association Fall Seminar 2015
- Lenders One Summer Conference 2015
- Lenders One Winter Conference 2015
Richard Cordray is stepping down as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. His resignation is expected to become effective…
You’ve been warned: CFPB puts real estate agents, lenders on RESPA violation watch Daniella Casseres Quotes in HousingWire By: Brena Swanson…
Supreme Court clears the way for cities, including L.A., to sue banks over foreclosure crisis Offit Kurman Attorney Daniella Casseres…View All