Cynthia Jones’s practice encompasses community associations and real estate law.
In her community associations practice, Cynthia addresses the development, creation, and organization of condominium and homeowners’ associations, as well as the interpretation, enforcement, and amendments of governing documents. She assists clients with the collection of unpaid assessments, including liens, foreclosures, and bankruptcies.
Cynthia also offers services as general counsel to associations. These services may include matters such as researching and rendering legal opinions on interpretation of the declarations and bylaws, association and board governance issues, dealing with violations of restrictive covenants or rules and regulations, attending board and association meetings, and amending declarations and bylaws.
In her real estate work, Cynthia represents residential real estate developers and project finance organizations. She handles legal issues surrounding the acquisition, disposition, construction, management, and development of residential communities.
- The ABC’s of HOA Management – Cedar Management Group Seminar (June 2019)
- Board Ethics – Community Association Institute, North Carolina Chapter Law Day with co-presenter Andrew Bateman (March 2019)
- Board Ethics – Community Association Institute, North Carolina Chapter Law Day with co-presenter Andrew Bateman (October 2018)
- Board Basics Bootcamp – Cedar Management Group Seminar (October 2018)
- Doubleheader Legal Workshop - Community Association Institute, North Carolina Chapter (April 2018)
- Hot Topics: Community Association Law; FirstService Residential Seminar (April 2018)
- Board Boundaries - Community Association Institute, North Carolina Chapter (March 2018)
- Voting and Record Retention – Community Association Institute, North Carolina Chapter, Law Day (September 2017)
- Hot Topics in Community Association Law –HOA Legal Seminar, Henderson Properties (May 2016)