Crystal Kramer's practice is focused on the representation of landlords and property managers of residential and commercial real estate in Virginia. This representation includes Fair Housing disputes and all litigation associated with lease disputes, including breach of lease, unlawful detainer actions, and tenant’s assertion actions.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Ms. Kramer worked as an attorney at a Virginia employment law firm, and clerked at the Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney in Alexandria, Virginia.
- The Virginia Fair Housing Board's Guidance on Reasonable Accommodation Requests for Assistance Animals, PMA Monthly Magazine, July 2017
- How To Deal With Victims of Domestic Violence At Your Property, PMA Monthly Magazine, September 2016
- Virginia Fair Housing Law, April 24, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law In A Nutshell, February 26, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Back to Basics, Virginia Evictions in a Nutshell webinar, January 31, 2017
- To Sue or Not to Sue Landlord Seminar, September 14, 2016, Fairfax, VA
- Maximizing Rent Collections for Landlords in Virginia, March 17, 2015, Fairfax, VA
"Whether I'm advising the owner of a large multi-family apartment complex, or a single family rental home, I'm always working toward what's best for my client and advising them on the proper steps to take to comply with local, state and federal laws."
— Crystal Kramer
The Virginia Residential Tenant Act (VRLTA) and related Virginia Code provisions will see some major changes in favor of landlords…
"Best Practice Tips for Landlords: The Virginia Fair Housing Board’s Guidance on Reasonable Accommodation Requests for Assistance Animals"
Many landlords have lamented the influx of accommodation requests based upon assistance animal certifications obtained on the internet. Landlords often…
Here is an example of the importance of following notice requirements that have made recent news in Virginia: Last week,…View All