Crystal Kramer is a Principal attorney and Chair of the Landlord Representation practice group. Her practice is focused on the representation of landlords and property managers of residential and commercial real estate in Virginia. This representation includes Fair Housing disputes and all litigation associated with lease disputes, including breach of lease, unlawful detainer actions, and tenant’s assertion actions. She also provides broader legal advice to her clients on their compliance with various laws, drafts company policies and procedures, reviews and drafts lease agreements, negotiates and drafts settlement agreements, among other general counsel-type tasks. She also devotes a considerable amount of her practice counseling business owners on civil disputes and representing them in court on various litigation matters.
Ms. Kramer co-hosts the podcast “Conversations with Leading Women in Business” exploring the journey of successful women in business across industries.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Crystal worked as an attorney at a Virginia plaintiff-side employment law firm and clerked at the Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center, volunteer attorney for Housing Law Panel
- Animal Rights Law for Animal Defense Partnership, including work on the Weeping Elephant Project, among other projects
- Animal Rights Law and General Counsel for Free All Captive Elephants
- When COVID Harms Landlords: How the VRRP Helps, Virginia Lawyer Magazine, October 2021
- Virginia's New Laws Turn Toward Protecting Animals, But Fall Short in Areas, Plant Based Jurist, July 2020
- North Carolina's Ag-Gag Law Struck Down as Unconstitutional, Plant Based Jurist, June 2020
- The Virginia Fair Housing Board's Guidance on Reasonable Accommodation Requests for Assistance Animals, PMA Monthly Magazine, July 2017
- How To Deal With Victims of Domestic Violence At Your Property, PMA Monthly Magazine, September 2016
- COVID-19 Evictions & Related Moratoria CLE, October 15, 2020, Fairfax, VA
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law, Updates and Legal Process in 2020, Webinar, June 18, 2020
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law & Procedure During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Best Practices for Property Management, May, 8, 2020
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law & Procedure During the COVID-19 Pandemic, CARES Act and Virginia Legislature, Webinar, May 1, 2020
- Fairfax Bar Real Estate Practice Section, “Best Practices in Virginia Landlord Tenant Law,” January 15, 2020, Tysons Corner, VA
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law, Updates and Legal Process in 2019, October 8, 2019, Tysons Corner, VA
- A Lawyer’s Guide to Landlord and Tenant Law CLE, December 4, 2018, Fairfax, VA
- Troubleshooting Employee Issues for Property Management Professionals, Webinar, November 7, 2018
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law Updates, August 21, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Virginia Fair Housing Law, April 24, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law In A Nutshell, February 26, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Back to Basics, Virginia Evictions in a Nutshell webinar, January 31, 2017
- To Sue or Not to Sue Landlord Seminar, September 14, 2016, Fairfax, VA
HONORS & AWARDS
- Arlington Magazine Top Attorneys, Landlord Representation, 2021
"Whether I'm advising the owner of a large multi-family apartment complex, or a single family rental home, I'm always working toward what's best for my client and advising them on the proper steps to take to comply with local, state and federal laws."
— Crystal Kramer