Crystal Kramer's practice is focused on the representation of landlords and property managers of residential and commercial real estate in Virginia. This representation includes Fair Housing disputes and all litigation associated with lease disputes, including breach of lease, unlawful detainer actions, and tenant’s assertion actions.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Ms. Kramer worked as an attorney at a Virginia employment law firm, and clerked at the Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Animal Rights Law for Animal Defense Partnership, including work on the Weeping Elephant Project, among other projects
- The Virginia Fair Housing Board's Guidance on Reasonable Accommodation Requests for Assistance Animals, PMA Monthly Magazine, July 2017
- How To Deal With Victims of Domestic Violence At Your Property, PMA Monthly Magazine, September 2016
- A Lawyer’s Guide to Landlord and Tenant Law CLE, December 4, 2018, Fairfax, VA
- Troubleshooting Employee Issues for Property Management Professionals, Webinar, November 7, 2018
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law Updates, August 21, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Virginia Fair Housing Law, April 24, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Virginia Landlord-Tenant Law In A Nutshell, February 26, 2018, Fredericksburg, VA
- Back to Basics, Virginia Evictions in a Nutshell webinar, January 31, 2017
- To Sue or Not to Sue Landlord Seminar, September 14, 2016, Fairfax, VA
- Maximizing Rent Collections for Landlords in Virginia, March 17, 2015, Fairfax, VA
"Whether I'm advising the owner of a large multi-family apartment complex, or a single family rental home, I'm always working toward what's best for my client and advising them on the proper steps to take to comply with local, state and federal laws."
— Crystal Kramer
"Spring Cleaning: Three Things Every Property Management Team Should Do To Clean Up Its Rental Application Process"
Springtime is the prime season for attracting new renters and filling vacant units to get your community at maximum capacity.…
On February 28, 2019, Virginia’s governor signed into law seven bills affecting landlords in Virginia. Each of these laws goes…
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), 50 U.S.C. Ann. § 3955, affords certain protections and rights to tenant-servicemembers with regard…View All