Brian is a commercial litigator with more than seventeen years of experience representing clients in the franchise industry. Brian routinely assists clients during the licensing and franchise/FDD review process, as well as with the resolution of franchise-related disputes, including those involving terminations, territorial disputes, fraud, disclosure/relationship law violations and breaches of contract.
In addition, Brian represents and counsels clients in the construction industry on matters involving litigation, construction defects, licensing and compliance, collections, mechanic's liens, payment bond and Miller Act claims, contract drafting, and compliance with home improvement laws and other construction industry laws.
Brian also has extensive experience representing financial institutions with workouts, collections and residential / commercial foreclosures.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
Brian is the past Chair of the Maryland Bar Association Franchise & Distribution Law Committee and served on the Board for more than 4 years.
Brian A. Loffredo has been with Offit Kurman for ten years. Prior to joining Offit Kurman as a franchise lawyer, Brian A. Loffredo worked at a franchise litigation boutique specializing in the representation of franchisees. Mr. Loffredo also spent three years at a firm that concentrated in litigating employment disputes. Prior to that, he worked at a large firm in Montgomery County as a commercial litigator.
- Are Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) Reviews Worth It?
- Buying An Existing Franchise Versus A New Franchise: A Franchise Lawyer’s Perspective
- When It Comes to an FDD Review in Virginia and Maryland, Not All Attorneys are Created Equal
- Construction Alert: Changes To Maryland Law To Affect All MD Home Improvement Contractors
- The Importance of Reviewing Your FDD
- Virginia Mechanic’s Lien Alert
- An FDD Review Attorney’s Perspective: The Importance of Reviewing your FDD and Franchise Agreement
- Expanding Your Franchise – Options – Part 3
- Expanding Your Franchise- Part 2 Right of First Refusal
- Recent Wendy’s Lawsuit Highlights Realities of Franchising- Part 2
- Expanding Your Franchise- Part 1 Area Development Agreements
- A Franchise Lawyer’s Perspective: Wendy’s Lawsuit Highlights
In my last three articles (read part one and part two here), I discussed some concepts related to exiting a franchise…
In my last two articles (read part one and part two here), I discussed some concepts related to exiting a…
In my last article, I started discussing some concepts related to exiting a franchise system. In this post, I will…View All