Mr. Marx represents high-net worth individuals, business and organizations in a wide range of fields, including manufacturing, retail sales, financial services, entertainment, legal services and other industries. He also represents numerous cooperative corporations and condominium associations, charities, and other non-profit organizations.
- Won multimillion dollar damage award and multimillion dollar punitive damage award arising from unauthorized use of client name and other material
- Dismissal of claim for defamation against whistleblower clients about malfeasance at NASDAQ-listed company
- Defeated anti-SLAPP motion by anonymous bloggers defaming international travel company
- Obtained favorable settlement, following denial of opposition’s motion to dismiss, of physician’s defamation claim against ex-patient
- Dismissal of ex-employee’s claim for unpaid wages
- Dismissal of claim against client for multimillion dollar investment banking fee
- Defeated motion for class-certification in consumer claim against national consumer electronics company
- Dismissal of contractor’s claim for surcharges on apartment renovation
- Dismissal of claim against client for workers compensation premiums claimed by New York State Department of Labor
- Representation of national charitable organizations, private businesses, and cooperative corporations and condominium associations in a wide variety of contract disputes and contract negotiations
The best lawyer is the one who helps his client avoid litigation, or at least helps immunize the client from a bad result before litigation happens. With that thought in mind, here’s my list of top ten mistakes to be avoided when terminating employees.