April Rancier is an employment attorney and litigator who provides comprehensive and practical guidance for employers with respect to a wide array of employment issues. Such issues include, but are not limited to, employee policies and procedures, employee disciplinary issues, employee complaints and related investigations, classifying employees and exempt/non-exempt, and many other employment issues.
As an accomplished litigator, Ms. Rancier is well versed in federal and state court proceedings and has defended employers in both individual and class action wage and hour cases brought under The Fair Labor Standards Act and the comparable state laws. Ms. Rancier also represents employers in discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims filed under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the comparable state and local laws.
Recent Publications and Lectures
- Checklist: How Employers Can Avoid an EEOC Sex Discrimination Lawsuit
- A California Ruling May Become Uber’s Worst Nightmare
- Abercrombie & Fitch’s “No-Cap” Dress Code Scrutinized in Recent U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- EEOC Ruling Protects Transgendered Employees
- “Employment Law” for Lawline, April 12, 2012
- “A Day in the Life of an Employment Law Office,” New York County Lawyers Association, February 1, 2012.
- “An Introduction to Employment Law: The Most Exciting Field in the Law!” New York City Bar Association, July 16, 2009. (Co-author)
Once again, sexual harassment is top of mind as the confirmation hearings for Brett Kavanaugh continue. The allegations asserted against…
"Offit Kurman Attorney April Rancier Involved in MD LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Recipient of the Rising Star Award at the National GLCC"
Offit Kurman Attorney April Rancier Involved in MD LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Recipient of the Rising Star Award at the…
On March 22, 2016, the United States Supreme Court determined that courts can use statistical estimates when establishing liability in…View All