Andrés Vera’s practice is concentrated on federal contracting and general corporate law. With a focus on small business government contracting, he is well positioned to advise start-ups and small businesses seeking to enter the complex federal procurement landscape. His experience as a former clerk in the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Office of Procurement Law allows him to counsel clients on compliance with the agency’s 8(a), HUBZone, Woman-Owned, and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO) programs. He also advises federal contractors and subcontractors in bid protests, contract disputes with federal agencies, and general corporate administration. Prior to law school, Andrés was himself a government contractor for the U.S. Agency for International Development.
During law school Andrés clerked at the U.S. Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, the SBA, and the government contracting practice group of DLA Piper. Additionally, he was a legal extern on the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and was a student attorney at the National Association of the Deaf.
- “Federal Contractor Vaccination Mandates Under Executive Order No. 14042 & Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce Guidance” Kimball Construction Company, Inc. Hosted Webinar, Co-Presenter (November 3, 2021).
- "GovCon Q&A Café – Oral Presentations" Jennifer Schaus & Associates, Presenter (September 10, 2021).
- “Key Contract Clauses for Federal Construction Contractors,” National 8(a) Association, Alaska Regional Conference, Speaker, Anchorage, AK (August 2021).
- Government Contracting - DFARS Part 209 - Contractor Qualifications, Jennifer Schaus & Associates, Presenter (March 3, 2021).
- "Cybersecurity Enforcement is on the Rise. What Small Businesses Need to Know” HUBZone Contractors National Council, 2019 National Conference, Presenter, Chantilly, VA (September 2019)