Amy Hunt’s litigation practice focuses on resolving real property disputes, concentrating in: analysis of coverage and exclusions in insurance policies, defense counsel for insureds, defalcation and fraud recovery, resolution of access, easement and boundary issues, subrogation litigation, and title curative measures.
Amy also handles the defense of attorneys in malpractice actions and resolution of business disputes.
With a central location in Charlotte, Amy is strategically located to practice in all state and federal courts in both North Carolina and South Carolina. She has experience in real estate law, creditors’ rights, foreclosures, litigation, construction law, and bankruptcy (including on both the creditor side and the Chapter 11 debtor side), along with the judgment to use these skills to the best benefit of her clients. As part of a team of real estate and title resolution lawyers, she is able to leverage Offit Kurman’s diverse practice areas to craft comprehensive and creative solutions to real estate problems efficiently and effectively.
- "When the Plaintiff Attorney Subpoenas Medical Records & Other Ethical Conundrums" Ethics – (North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys), Greensboro, North Carolina (October 2019)
- North Carolina Real Property Case Law Update - (Mecklenburg County Bar Association), Charlotte, North Carolina (February 2019)
- North Carolina Real Property Case Law Update – (North Carolina Bar Association), Cary, North Carolina (October 2018)
- North Carolina Real Property Case Law Update - (Mecklenburg County Bar Association), Charlotte, North Carolina (February 2018)
- North Carolina Real Property Case Law Update - (North Carolina Bar Association), Cary, North Carolina (October 2017)
- "Ethical Violations and Claims Making (Or How to Be a Double Threat!)" - (North Carolina Land Title Association Annual Convention), Asheville, NC (September 2015)
- "Recent Trends in Title Insurance Claims" - (A Southern Land Title Agency Summer Update), Southern Pines, NC (July 2015)
- American Bar Association: Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Title Insurance Litigation Committee
- North Carolina State Bar: Ethics Committee, Advisory Member (2017-present), Continuing Legal Education Committee (2010 to 2016); Chair (2013-2016)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Land Title Association
- Palmetto Land Title Association
- Justice William Bobbitt Inn of Court, 2013 to 2016
- Mecklenburg County Bar: Board of Directors, (2010-2013), Bar Leadership Institute (2009), Young Lawyers Division, Academic Internship Program, Co-Chair (2006-2010)