Allison W. Rosenzweig concentrates her practice in business and transactional matters for a wide range of clients, including startups, closely-held businesses, and national entities. Her experience includes mergers and acquisitions, equity financing, early-stage investing, entity formation and governance, business divorce, the drafting and review of shareholder and operating agreements, supply and distribution agreements, entertainment agreements, licensing agreements, employment and consulting agreements and a wide variety of other general corporate and commercial agreements.
Ms. Rosenzweig is also a frequent writer and lecturer on a variety of corporate law topics. To see her most recent articles and engagements, you can go to Allison's Corporate Corner, the destination for your corporate legal needs.
She served as Co-Chair for Smile Farms’ Summer Soiree, a fundraising event for a not-for-profit organization that assists developmentally disabled adults find employment at local farms, urban gardens, and greenhouses. She is also a volunteer with Achilles Kids, a program that helps children with disabilities incorporate physical activity into their lives to help with development.
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "The Pandemic is Beyond Your Control - But Is It Force Majeure? | A Review of Force Majeure Clauses in Contracts," New York State Bar Association, March 2020 (Presenter)
- “Multi-Member LLCs: The Importance of Operating Agreements," WeWork, June 2019 (Speaker)
- “Practice Area Networking Forum,” New York Law School, February 2019 (Speaker)
- “Handling and Managing a Joint Venture In-House,” Long Island General Counsel Network, November 2017 (Panelist)
- "In New York – Is Your Business 'Essential' or Not? A Deep Dive with Our Guidance," Offitkurman.com, March 2020 (Author)
- "Yes, You and Your Business Partner Should Sign a Contract," Offitkurman.com, January 2020 (Author)
- “Case Study of Fiduciary Abuse in a Closely-Held Corporation: How the Palm Got Out of Hand," New York Business Law Journal, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 23, No.1, Summer 2019 (Co-Author)
- "Force Majeure: What is it Good For?" New York Business Law Journal, New York State Bar Association, Vol. 22, No.2, Winter 2018 (Co-Author)
- “The Value of Corporate Clean-Up and Good Record Keeping," The Counselor, February 2017 (Co-Author)
- “Handling and Managing a Joint Venture In-House," NYSBA Inside, Vol. 34, No. 2, Fall 2016 (Co-Author)
- “Disclosure Schedules in Acquisition Transactions," NYSBA NY Business Law Journal, Vol. 20, No. 1, Summer 2016 (Co-Author)
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- New York Rising Star® by Super Lawyers, 2015-2019
- Interviewed by Fios 1 Push Pause, 2017
- 30 Under 30 Honoree, Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce, Celebrate Long Island’s Young Professionals, 2017
- Achiever’s Award, Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women, 2017
- New Lawyer of the Month, Nassau Lawyer, 2016