Legal Ethics and Attorney Representation
Offit Kurman’s Legal Ethics and Attorney Representation Practice Group provides full-scale legal representation to attorneys and law firms faced with, or potentially facing grievances and other forms of discipline. The group has the resources and experience to handle any case, at any stage in the disciplinary process.
Unlike most other firms, Offit Kurman’s Legal Ethics and Attorney Representation attorneys have diverse litigation backgrounds and experience handling ethics-related matters, derived from service as Assistant Bar Counsel, volunteering and chairing Peer Review Panels, and as ethics counsel to Offit Kurman clients. We pride ourselves on having a collegial working relationship with the Office of Bar Counsel and the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland, and being able to offer cost-effective representation to both sole practitioners and large law firms alike.
Some of our areas of practice include:
- Full service representation of attorneys who are facing potential bar discipline or at risk of investigation by the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland;
- Internal investigation including analysis of client files, accounts, and electronic data;
- Assistance and representation in post discipline and re-admission matters;
- Law firm departures, dissolution and breach of fiduciary duty claims;
- Confidential advice pertaining to AGC/ethical issues;
- Law firm formation;
- Unauthorized practice of law;
- Website audits/advertising;
- Law practice and escrow account monitoring for conditional diversion agreements.