Knowledgeable Experience. Centrally Located.
Three of the top five states receiving government contracts – Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania – are located in the mid-Atlantic corridor. Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law is perfectly positioned in both geography and our ability to help government contractors face the unique challenges with which they are presented; challenges that are different in many ways from other businesses. Our attorney’s expertise in government contracts law ensures that you have the tools you need in order to succeed in this complex marketplace.
The attorneys in our Government Contracts Practice Group offer lectures and publish articles to educate you on best practices, necessary steps and pitfalls that exist when entering into prime and subcontracts in the government contracting environment. Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law government contracts team offer experienced legal guidance and practical advice to help you thrive in this heavily regulated industry and avoid costly trips to the courthouse.
In some situations, you may need more aggressive assistance to secure equitable treatment and continued success in this marketplace. Some of the other primary areas in which we can assist you include the following:
We represent clients involved as protestors, or interested parties in protests of size status, solicitation and award improprieties in all local, state, and federal forums.
Prosecution of all forms of claims for equitable adjustment and termination claims, including acceleration, breach-of-contract, changes, delays and related costs, pricing and scheduling.
General Business Counseling
Covering everything from cost accounting to subcontract requirements and employment practices, our attorneys assist clients in all aspects of the client’s business necessary to comply with the laws applicable to government contractors.
Proposals and Other Business Issues
For clients who need to evaluate solicitations and prepare proposals which increase chances of success and ensure responsiveness, we assist in red team reviews, policy formation, and drafting compliance programs and procedures.
We provide you with counsel regarding intellectual property rights when inventions, data and computer software is used, created and/or modified under a government contract. We recommend measures to protect proprietary technology developed at private expense, and appropriate non-disclosure agreements and reservations of rights.
Our Construction Law Group practices almost exclusively in the interrelated areas of construction, surety and government contracts law, including:
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts
- Advising clients throughout construction projects
- Using arbitration, mediation, or litigation to handle disputes which arise during the performance of the project
- Mechanics’ liens
- Miller Act and Little Miller Act claims
- Bid dispute issues
Small Businesses Preferences
We assist small, veteran-owned, minority-owned and women-owned businesses in identifying, applying for, and capitalizing on the programs and preferences available through federal agencies and in establishing subcontracting opportunities presented to them.
Mergers and Acquisitions
As part of assisting clients in their growth and expansion, the Government Contracts Practice Group uses its attorneys’ expertise to help numerous government contractors navigate the maze of successfully purchasing other contractors wishing to expand on their success and services. Similarly, we have positioned many our past clients to be profitably sold, while assisting them through the sale process and scrutiny of an experienced purchaser.
Government Contracting News
- NSP Enhances Cybersecurity Services with Acquisition of Summit Solutions, LLC
- The Thrill of Victory. The Agony of the Contract.
- Jon Wachs to Serve as President of the Meals on Wheels Board
- Jon Wachs 30-minute Podcast for Business Owners
- Court Finds for Subcontractor Fighting Back Prime’s Abuse
- Business Alert: Preparing for a Possible Government Shutdown
- Diversity Compliance Group Tackles GC Issues
- Offit Kurman Attorneys Recognized as Washington SmartCEO Legal Elite
- Offit Kurman Attorneys Recognized as Baltimore SmartCEO Legal Elite
- NLRA Updated Employee Rights Notifications for Government Contractors
- New Government Contracting Practice Group Leader at Offit Kurman
- Adding Even More Power to a Powerful Team
To learn more about how Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law government contracts services benefit you or your business please click the link below.