Family Law Attorneys
Experienced Counsel For Complex Family Law Issues
Family law issues can continue to affect an individual and their family long after a divorce has been finalized. The attorneys of Offit Kurman’s Family Law Practice Group recognize the financial intricacies and emotional impact of divorce and other family law legal matters whether they are local or international in scope. We provide quality advice and services tailored to each client’s needs gained from many years of experience. With 20 attorneys practicing Family Law in Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Pennsylvania, the Offit Kurman Family Law Group provides prompt, comprehensive, and highly competent service.
We offer a wide range of Family Law services which meet the needs of our clients, with a concentration in complex financial, custody, support, and marital property issues. Our attorneys handle a broad array of Family Law issues from Separation and Divorce, Spousal and Child Support, and Custody and Access to children, to the division of marital assets in-kind or by monetary award—including the division and distribution of retirement assets. As litigators, mediators, and arbitrators, we regularly deal with high net-worth cases, which require specialized experience to achieve satisfactory resolution.
We have highly skilled and recognized Family Law attorneys who provide strong representation in state and federal courts in International Family Law matters such as international divorce and custody disputes, including Hague Convention child abduction cases.
Our Family Law attorneys work seamlessly with seasoned members of our firm’s Tax, Real Estate, Estates and Trusts, Business, Immigration, Bankruptcy, Commercial Litigation, and Insurance Coverage groups to comprehensively deal with a variety of issues which may affect you now or in the future, including those issues which relate to your business or property, classification of marital property, and your employment and benefits. No matter what the Family Law issue may be, you can rely on the attorneys in our Family Law Group to help you successfully navigate through a stressful time.
We regularly provide a variety of Family Law services, such as:
- Separation and divorce
- Identification, valuation, and distribution of marital assets
- Negotiation and preparation of property settlement, custody, and parenting time agreements
- Alimony and tax issues arising in divorce
- International custody, divorce and Hague Convention child abduction cases
- Representation in mediation or arbitration of Family Law issues
- Serving as the Arbirator in Family Law disputes, both before and after divorce
- Negotiation and preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Representation in the Collaborative Law process
- Negotiation and preparation of cohabitation and domestic partnership agreements
- Resolution of issues arising from domestic violence
To learn more about how Offit Kurman Attorneys at Law Family Law services can provide benefit to you and your family, please click the link below
Family Law News
1. Call your parents and call an attorney experienced in college sexual misconduct cases immediately. Even if you are embarrassed,…
So you want to move to warm, sunny Florida with the kids, but your ex spouse is saying “no way”………
Many, if not most, family law cases will settle either before filing in court or while the case is pending. …