Experienced Counsel For Complex Issues
Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law Family Law Practice Group draws on a wealth of specialized experience in solving the problems which arise from separation and divorce and which impact a wide range of issues: from child and spousal support and division of marital assets to those concerning custody of and access to children.
The family attorneys at Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law provide quality advice, timely service, and the knowledge and experience gained through years of serving our clients. Through divorce planning, we not only advise you on the issues (such as asset protection) which arise during the separation, but we also assist you with issues which are likely to arise after the divorce has been completed.
As seasoned litigators in the courts of Maryland and the District of Columbia, we use our skills to seek resolution to your suit without continuing litigation, recognizing that our efforts impact you in many facets of your life as you move forward after divorce. We also recognize that there may be related legal issues tied to family law issues. Our family attorneys work seamlessly with experienced members of our firm’s Tax, Real Estate, Estates and Trusts, Business, Immigration, Bankruptcy, Commercial Litigation, and Insurance Coverage fields groups to ensure that your interests are protected and your exposure limited. You can rely on the family attorneys in our Family Law Group to help provide a comprehensive transition through what is often a stressful time.
Below is a representative list of the type of matters we regularly handle for our clients:
- Separation and Divorce — Trial and Appellate Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Negotiation and Settlement of Family Law Issues and Family Mediation
- Child Custody, Support, and Parenting Time Agreements
- Alimony and Divorce Taxation
- Family Mediation
- Negotiation and Preparation of Premarital and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Determination of and Distribution of Marital Assets and Retirement Plans
- Collaborative Law Resolution of Divorce Issues and Contested Divorce
- Preparation of Cohabitation and Domestic Partnership Agreements
- Resolution of issues arising from Domestic Violence
To learn more about how Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law family law services benefit you or your business please click the link below.