Knowledge, Compassion, And Planning
Understanding elder law begins with the realization that someone you care about – your spouse, parent, an elderly relative or even yourself – is aging or in physical or cognitive decline. While contemplating disability or death is never pleasant, ignoring the facts of mortality until a major life event forces the issue is often far worse.
Planning ahead may make all the difference between peace and turmoil. In fact, embracing pre-crisis planning over post-crisis management is the cornerstone of Offit Kurman's elder law approach. Working closely with clients, our experienced elder law attorneys evaluate the situation, analyze the facts and help clients address potentially life-changing issues:
- How to protect assets from potential nursing home costs
- What is Medicaid/Medical Assistance and how to qualify
- How to afford to pay for long-term care costs
- Who will make decisions when the client cannot
- How to ensure that assets will be properly distributed at the time of death
- Where to begin
With understanding and compassion, the elder law attorneys at Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law are by your side every step of the way, ready to assist you and your families, and present options on how best to deal with the long-term financial and medical realities unique to each situations.
Throughout our relationship, we focus on delivering the right information and resources to help bring clarity to the process of elder law planning.
Offit Kurman Attorneys at Law is an elder law firm that assists families with:
- Medicaid/Medical Assistance Planning
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Directives/Living Wills
- And More
Elder Law News
- Are There Government Programs Available To Pay For Home Care Expenses?
- Should You Purchase a Cost of Living Rider with Your Long-Term Care Insurance Policy?
- Thirteen Offit Kurman Lawyers Recognized as 2012 Maryland Super Lawyers
To learn more about how Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law elder law services benefit you or your business please click the link below.