Estates And Trusts
Planning For Your Future And Beyond
Offit Kurman’s Attorneys At Law Estates and Trusts Practice Group is an experienced and trusted resource dedicated to helping you plan for the future and protect your assets. Our estate planning attorneys design personalized estate plans to help you minimize the burden of gift and estate taxes while protecting assets from the threat of potential creditors. Whether your estate and trust administration needs are sophisticated or basic, the estate planning attorneys at Offit Kurman tailor our asset protection planning services to meet your specific needs and objectives.
Our Estates and Trusts team of attorneys represents business owners, corporate executives, professionals, and individuals who have accumulated wealth and require estate planning, estate administration, trust administration, and asset protection planning. In addition, Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law Elder Law Care Planning Practice Group represents clients who are unable to care for themselves and may require medical assistance planning.
Prepare Estate Planning Documents, including:
- Durable General Powers of Attorney
- Maryland Statutory General Powers of Attorney
- Advance Medical Directives
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Charitable Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs)
- Dynasty Trusts
- Disclaimer Trusts
- Minimization of Federal and State Estate Taxes
- Avoidance of Probate
- Proper Distribution Planning
- Preparation of Probate Documents
- Preparation of Estate Tax Returns
- Preparation of Estate and Trust Income Tax Returns
- Negotiation of Disputes Among Beneficiaries
- Negotiation of Disputes Between Fiduciaries and Beneficiaries
- Representation of the Estate if Tax Returns are Audited
Asset Protection Planning
- Design of Asset Protection Plans
- Preparation of Domestic and Offshore Asset Protection Trusts
Special Needs Planning
An important part of our Estate And Trusts legal services is advising clients who have family members with special needs. We make sure that families are well educated on care options and proper management of assets. We are very familiar with community and government resources available for individuals with disabilities and design plans to maximize utilization of these programs. Overall, we give clients the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their special needs loved ones, of whatever age or disability, will be properly protected and well cared for throughout their lives.
We assist families with:
- Special Needs Trusts
- Understanding of Government Benefits and Structuring Plans that will not Compromise Access to Benefits
Estates and Trusts News
- Offit Kurman Welcomes Gal N. Kaufman to its Estates & Trusts Practice Group
- Offit Kurman Continues Rapid Regional Growth - Expands into Virginia
- Increase In Estate Tax Exemption Amount
- Should You Purchase a Cost of Living Rider with Your Long-Term Care Insurance Policy?
- Can an Agent Under Durable Power of Attorney Write a Last Will for a Principal? How About Only Revise an Estate Plan? The Answers May Surprise You.
- Thirteen Offit Kurman Lawyers Recognized as 2012 Maryland Super Lawyers
- Planning Do's and Don'ts
- Maryland's New General and Limited Power of Attorney Act: What You Should Know.
- Conversion to Roth IRA: Time to Act is Before 2011
- Preserving Your Wealth
- Estates and Trusts Alert Winter 2010
- Legal Legends Lou Ulman and Stanley Neuhauser Join the Firm
- Offit Kurman Attorney Selected As Maryland's Legal Elite
To learn more about how Offit Kurman Attorneys at Law Estates and Trusts services benefit you or your business please click the link below.