Shirley Keisler practices in the areas of state, interstate, and international family law and is highly experienced in guiding clients through separation and divorce using mediation and, if necessary, litigation. Ms. Keisler recognizes that litigation can be time consuming, costly, and emotionally draining. Therefore, her primary goal with each client is to achieve a swift and beneficial settlement. While the majority of the cases Ms. Keisler handles result in amicable resolutions, she is a seasoned trial attorney and has successfully litigated high conflict custody and visitation proceedings; international and interstate custody and/or divorce cases; complex marital property divisions (equitable distribution cases); child support and spousal support; and family abuse protective order hearings. She is well versed in the unique issues that arise with military and Foreign Service families, and is experienced with the division of pensions and retirement accounts whether for those in the Military, Foreign Service, government, or private sectors or their spouses.
- Fellow, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Certified Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Listed in Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell; Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Family Law
- Selected to Super Lawyers in Virginia and Washington, DC in Family Law
- Named as one of the 'Virginia Legal Elite' in Family Law by Virginia Business Magazine.
Additional Practice Areas
- International Family law
- Hague international child abduction cases
- Family Law
- Custody and visitation
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Equitable distribution