Nichole Galvin is an attorney in the Business Litigation practice group focusing on commercial and fiduciary litigation in state and federal courts.
In her commercial practice, Nichole represents businesses, investors and property owners in a variety of commercial, real estate and contract disputes. Nichole has particular expertise representing clients in complex, multi-party commercial litigation disputes in federal courts in Maryland, New York and Delaware.
Nichole also represents business owners in the retail petroleum industry advising them on their rights and obligations under the Uniform Commercial Code and the federal Petroleum Marketing Practices Act, negotiating long term supply agreements and litigating disputes involving their supply agreements, including pricing, rebates and related disputes involving their franchises.
In addition to litigation, Nichole also advises clients on land use and zoning matters and represents them in litigation in administrative proceedings in Howard County, Maryland.
Nichole’s fiduciary practice includes representing both fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputes involving trust and estate administration, accountings and contested guardianship proceedings. She has successfully defended trustees and personal representatives in removal proceedings and challenges relating to their administration of trust or estate assets.
Nichole is a native of Baltimore, Maryland, where she earned her J.D. at the University of Baltimore School of Law and graduated magna cume laude in 2002. She is a member of the Heuisler Honor Society. Before joining the firm, Nichole completed a judicial clerkship for the Honorable Peter B. Krauser, the current Chief Judge of the Court of Special Appeals, Maryland’s intermediate appellate court.
- Representation of real estate investor in a complex multi-party action in federal and state courts in New York involving allegations of financial fraud, civil theft and forgery in connection with a commercial real estate acquisition and related financing.
- Representation of international clients in complex shareholders derivative action in federal court involving breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of franchisees in the retail petroleum industry in action against major oil refiner and distributor involving breach of franchise agreement.
- Representation of beneficiaries in litigation involving allegations of mismanagement of trust assets, breach of fiduciary duty, accountings, and removal proceedings.
- Representation of personal representative in dispute involving distribution of real and personal property in estate administration.
Nichole co-authored a chapter in “Residential Real Estate Transactions,” Fourth Edition, a MICPEL that details the procedures and offers solutions to the problems relating to contracts of sale, title insurance, the lender’s role, pre-closing, settlement, federal taxes and local practice issues involved in the purchase and sale of homes in Maryland.