Michael K. Haley is a principal attorney and member of the Construction Law and Commercial Claims Practice Group. He has a wide range of experience representing companies and individuals in commercial litigation, as well as handling and managing
complex multi-jurisdictional matters involving a variety of industries.
Mr. Haley concentrates his practice on the representation of companies in the defense of mass tort litigation throughout the country, serving as national and local counsel, for both asbestos and silica-related products liability litigation.
Mr. Haley also has experience representing clients in a diverse range of matters related to contract, insurance coverage, civil RICO, and shareholder and partnership disputes.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mr. Haley served as a litigation attorney at Flaster/Greenberg.
Points of Distinction
- Construct and implement case specific and national strategies in
mass tort defense matters in multiple jurisdictions throughout the
country; responsible for the development of corporate, fact and
expert witnesses utilized in the litigation, as well as risk
management evaluation of potential future liabilities
- Coordinating and implementing strategy for defending against
fraudulent lawsuits in federal silica MDL 1553
- Representing directors and officers of a Fortune 500 company in a
shareholder dispute involving diversion of intellectual property and
- Representing a corporation against a laundry list of insurers in a
coverage dispute involving thousands of prior claims and projections
of future claims
- Serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a Fortune 500
engineering, construction and maintenance company for all
- Served as local counsel for a Fortune 500 waste removal company in
defense of their silica-related matters pending in Philadelphia
County Court of Common Pleas
- Successfully represented the officers and directors of a global
supplier of medical devices, surgical instruments, and disposable
medical products, in defense of a shareholder dispute involving one
of the company’s subsidiaries
- Represented an international producer of Portland cement in the
defense of an insurance coverage action involving over 35 separate
- Served as National Counsel for asbestos and silica-related
litigation for an international cement, ready-mix and construction