Kristin Mazany Nevins is a member of Offit Kurman's Intellectual Property (IP) Practice Group and is a registered patent attorney.
Ms. Mazany Nevins practice encompasses all aspects of intellectual property law, including identifying and classifying IP assets, IP procurement, IP portfolio management, and enforcement of IP rights.
Ms. Mazany Nevins has significant experience in preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications and USPTO practice; IP portfolio development for individual inventors and corporations; drafting license agreements, joint development agreements and technology service agreements; as well as efficient IP due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Industries served include: biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, chemical engineering, environmental science, high technology, and e-commerce.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Ms. Mazany Nevins was an attorney at a regional full-service law firm, where her representative clients included major pharmaceutical companies, universities and technology companies and she also served as general counsel for a start-up e-commerce company. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Mazany Nevins was a research scientist focused on developing therapies for the treatment of atherosclerosis, and was a member of a start-up biotech company focused on developing early-stage cancer detection and diagnostic tools.
- Enforcing Your Patent: Considerations in Sending a Demand Letter. Philadelphia Citybizlist, February 2015.
- What To Do If You Receive a Patent Demand Letter: First Steps. Offit Kurman Legal Resources Articles, December 2014.
- Medical Devices: Innovation, Regulations and Commercialization.
Presented to the pharmaceutical product development program at West Chester University, Fall Semester 2013.
- Mazany Nevins, K., Pay to Play: What Property Management companies need to know about playing copyrighted music in common areas of buildings, The Bulletin, Vol. 41, No. 7, August 2013.
- Mazany Nevins, K., Best Business Practices for Protecting Innovation and Staying Competitive
in a New Patent Landscape, Journal of the Maryland Association of CPAs, April 2013.
- Creating an IP Culture within your Corporation: Strategies and Best Practices.
Presented to the Delaware Valley Association of Corporate Counsel, February 2013.
- Mazany, K.D., Williams, K.J. Genetic manipulation of arterial matrix in vivo substantially alters the development of early atherosclerosis: The decorin null mouse. (Presented by Kristin at the 73rd Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 2000)
- Fuki, I.V., Mazany, K.D., Williams, K.J. Molecular determinants of syndecan-mediated endocytosis, a novel, multi-step pathway independent of coated pits. (Presented at the 72nd Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association, Atlanta, GA November 1999)
- Williams, K.J., Scalia, R.G., Mazany, K.D., Rodriqueza, W.V., and Lefer, A.M. Rapid Restoration of normal endothelial functions by forcing reverse cholesterol transport in vivo. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, 20 (2000) 1033-1039.
- Mazany, K.D., Peng, T., Tabas, I., and Williams, K.J. Human chondroitin 6-sulfotransferase: cloning, gene structure, and chromosomal localization. Biochemica et Biophysica Acta. 1409 (1998) 92-97.
- Scalia, R.G., Rodriqueza, W.V., Mazany, K.D., and Lefer, A.M, Williams, K.J., Large Unilamellar Phospholipid Vesicles Accelerate Reverse Lipid Transport and Normalize Endothelial Function in Hyperlipidemic Apo-E Knock-out Mice. Circulation 98 (1998) I-732. (Presented at the 71st Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association, Dallas, TX)
- Rodrigueza, W.V., Mazany, K.D., Essenburg, A.E., Pape, M.E., Bisgaier, C.L. and Williams, K.J. Large versus small unilamellar vesicles mediate reverse cholesterol transport in vivo into two distinct metabolic pools: implications for the treatment of atherosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. 17 (1997) 2132-2139. (Also presented at the 68th Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association, Anaheim, CA)