“The trust that my clients place in me is a great responsibility that I work hard every single day to earn and renew. This trust motivates me to go the extra mile to ensure that every client receives cost-effective, practical and solid guidance in every matter.”
— Jason Klein
Jason Klein is a Cannabis Law attorney with a focus on licensing and compliance in tightly regulated markets on the east coast. As one of the first attorneys in the area to work with cannabis business clients, Jason has a track record of successfully navigating competitive licensing environments and assisting his clients to stay compliant and profitable in the face of challenging regulatory atmospheres. He is a founding board member of the National Cannabis Bar Association and a frequent speaker at local and national cannabis industry conferences.
Mr. Klein hosts a monthly Cannabis webinar with a different guest speaker each month. Topics range from "Cannabis Police and Practice in the Trump Era," to medical cannabis for pain and the opioid epidemic ("Can Medical Cannabis for Pain Really Help with the Opioid-Dependency Epidemic?") to cannabis insurance preparation ("An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure Commercial Insurance Preparation").
Mr. Klein holds a bachelor’s degree in physics (2002), master’s degree in public administration (2009), and J.D. (cum laude - 2009), all from Indiana University - Bloomington. He is licensed to practice in the District of Columbia and Michigan.
- Maryland Association of Counties Conference - MACo Summer Conference, The Green Rush Panel, August 2017
- Cannabis Law Institute - Speaker and Moderator: "The Eastern Tiger: How Emerging Markets Are Taking Shape East of the Mississippi", July 2017
- State Bar of Michigan Conference, "Marihuana, What Every Lawyer Must Know", Michigan, October 2016
- Cannabis Business Understanding and Development Summit, "Doing Good While Doing Well with Your Cannabis Business", Washington D.C., August 2016
- Capital Cannashow, "Cannabis Business Basics 101", Washington D.C. February 2016
- Fall Regional Cannabis Business Summit, "Developments in the Law: Maryland and the District of Columbia", New York, NY 2015
- National Cannabis Business Summit, "East Coast Opportunities", Denver, CO 2012 and 2013
- Green Line Rule 1.2(d) and the Ethical Considerations in Advising Cannabis Clients in Maryland (co-authored), The Maryland Bar Journal, Volume L, Number 6, November/December 2017
On Wednesday, the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) issued a new bulletin regarding changes of ownership and third-party management agreements…
Claiming Your Stake: Real Estate Considerations for Cannabis Companies Purchasing Real Estate with your Cannabis Company Every person who…