Mr. Celii devotes his practice to representing businesses and municipal entities navigating labor and employment disputes ranging from wage and hour litigation and work place discrimination defense to labor negotiations and the resolution of grievances. During his representation of Philadelphia-area Townships and Counties, he has successfully defended claims brought against public officials and advised municipalities on the drafting of local ordinances, such as Police Pension DROP amendments.
Mr. Celii’s litigation experience is varied. He has significant experience defending public transportation companies against personal injury claims; defending breach of contract, negligence and unjust enrichment claims brought against commercial banks; and pursuing collections and mechanic’s lien claims on behalf of construction companies.
Lastly, Mr. Celii is skilled in interpreting and analyzing contractual claims, specifically in the area of insurance. He has successfully litigated on behalf of policyholders, generally businesses, obtaining recoveries for claims originally denied or limited by insurers under commercial general liability policies.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Celii gained litigation and appellate experience while practicing at Faruqi and Faruqi, LLP and, before that, while practicing at a boutique Philadelphia firm, primarily handling Employment and Labor Law matters.
- Commercial Litigation Quarterly - "Uncharted Waters Ahead: Pennsylvania Products Liability Post - TINCHER". Citybizlist, February 2015.
- Disciplining Employees For Comments About Work On Social Media. Offit Kurman Legal Blog, April 2015.
- A New "Bright Line" FMLA Test By The Third Circuit. Offit Kurman Legal Blog, July 2015.
- Background Checks: Fertile Employment Litigation Ground. What Is An Employer To Do? Offit Kurman Legal Blog, December 2015.
- Second Circuit Reinstates Discipline for Tom Brady: A Carefully Drafted Disciplinary Policy is an Employer's Best Friend, Offit Kurman Legal Blog, May 2016.
- Buzz Words are Not Needed for FMLA to Apply... In Fact, Employees Do Not Have To Even Apply - Beware. Offit Kurman Legal Blog, June 2016.
- "Insurance Coverage Update - Top Five Developments Policyholders Should Know" Legal Intelligencer In-House Counsel CLE Seminar, Philadelphia, PA (October 15, 2014).
- "Social Media Use and Employee Discipline" Lehigh Valley Managers Association, Plainfield Township Municipal Building-Northampton County, PA (October 16, 2015).
- "Working With Millenials - Social Media, Tattoos, and Piercings" PSATS Conference, Hershey, PA (April 18, 2016).
- "Tattoos, Piercings, and Body Modifications in the Workplace" The Authorities Region One 2016 Spring Meeting, Plymouth Meeting, PA (May 5, 2016).
The Great Value Of Honest Performance Reviews And Documentation — All Is Not Lost A recent decision of the Seventh Circuit…
Several recent labor rulings by the National Labor Relations Board have held that employers cannot stop employees from making recordings…
U.S. Department Of Labor Shake Up, Doubling The Minimum Salary For Four (4) Million Exempt Employees, Is Put On Hold…View All