Don Foster serves as the Chair of Offit Kurman’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. He is an experienced litigator, having tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts throughout the country, but also serves as outside general counsel and advisor to small businesses in a variety of industries. His trial and alternative dispute resolution experience is varied and includes disputes involving title insurance, intellectual property, health care, franchising, corporate governance, law firm partnership and closely held businesses. He also frequently litigates fiduciary disputes in Pennsylvania's Orphans Courts.
Points of Distinction
Mr. Foster is a member of the Board of Directors of Highmark, Inc., one of the largest Blue Cross/Blue Shield companies in the country. He currently serves as Chairman of the company's Investment Committee after chairing the Audit Committee for ten years. He also serves on the Executive and Corporate Governance Committees. Prior to the formation of Highmark, he served on the Board of Pennsylvania Blue Shield. Mr. Foster serves as a Judge Pro Tempore in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, and has been appointed to a two year term as a Delegate in the Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates.
Mr. Foster has also been voted a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer repeatedly since 2004 by a vote of his peers and in 2013 was recognized as a Top Lawyer in Health Care. For more than 25 years, Mr. Foster has received Martindale Hubbel’s highest “AV” rating.
- The Role of Litigation Counsel in Managing Client Expectations, Costs in Closely
Held Business Disputes, November 28, 2012
- Discoverability of Litigation Hold Notices in Pennsylvania, Legal Intelligencer, February 12, 2013
- Managing the Risk to Payors Posed by Changing Health Care Delivery Models, The Journal of Enterprise Risk Management, June 2012
- "Law Firm Compensation to Departing Lawyers", The Legal Intelligencer and The Pennsylvania Law Weekly, March 6, 2012
- “Mastering Real Estate Titles and Title Insurance in Pennsylvania," presentation at the National Business Institute Seminar
Reprinted with permission. The RMA Journal, June 2016 (pgs 26 – 30). ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT In an article published in 2012,[i]…
By Don Foster A Philadelphia Orphans Court Judge has agreed with attorneys from Offit Kurman’s Orphans Court litigation group that…
In his article “Have You Been Sued By An ADA Tester? Here Is How To Fight Back,” Offit Kurman business…