Mr. Collins is a litigation attorney who represents and advises companies and individuals in insurance coverage litigation, criminal defense and government enforcement cases, and defense of injury claims whether by negligence or defective products. In his civil practice, he has obtained verdicts and settlements favorable to his clients in cases ranging from personal injury to employment disputes. In his criminal practice, Mr. Collins has obtained dismissals and not guilty verdicts in a wide number of cases. Beginning in 2016, Mr. Collins serves on the CJA panel for federal court appointments; a select group of lawyers may take these appointments after going through a rigorous review process by fellow attorneys and federal judges.
Mr. Collins joins the firm after gaining litigation experience both inside and outside the courtroom. He began his career with the international law firm Dechert LLP where he represented some of the largest companies in the world in multi-billion dollar civil litigation and government investigations. There he represented clients facing enforcement actions by the SEC and Federal Trade Commission, federal prosecution, FDA regulatory scrutiny, and claims against companies from individuals alleging injuries by defective products. Following this experience, Mr. Collins spent the past five years in trial practice for the renowned Philadelphia public defender’s office and a litigation boutique focused on criminal defense. In his practice, Mr. Collins helped clients resolve their cases through innovative legal arguments, an understanding of new and emerging technologies, precise cross examination, and a steady, reassuring presence. As a trial attorney, Mr. Collins has tried over a dozen jury trials in both federal and state court as well as hundreds of bench trials in civil and criminal cases.
- Advisory team for major international pharmaceutical company in evaluating and assessing risks of new product launch.
- Defense team for significant products liability claims allegedly caused by defectively designed drugs, which through a combination of winning trials and settlements, the team obtained a result that greatly reduced the clients’ costs in the litigation.
- Defense team in major tax fraud prosecution claiming use of shell companies as a complex illegal tax shelter scheme. The team’s efforts led to reduced penalties for the client.
- Defense team in SEC enforcement actions claiming insider trading and market manipulation.
- Argued for reduced and favorable sentence for client facing potentially high penalties in federal corporate fraud prosecution.
- "CGL Policy Coverage of IP Claims Under "Advertising Injury" Legal Intelligencer, Insurance Law Supplement, August 30, 2016.
- "Big or Small, Targets One and All: Anti-Money Laundering Exposure for Companies and Individuals" Bloomberg BNA White Collar Crime Report, March 2016.
- "Penn State Cover-Up Ruling And The Right To Counsel" Law360.com, January 25, 2016.
- "Litigators: Get to Know Amendments to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure". Legal Intelligencer, Pennsylvania Law Weekly, December 1, 2015.
CGL Policy Coverage of IP Claims Under “Advertising Injury” As Published in the Legal Intelligencer A company can expect to…
Brian Collins, Associate Attorney in the Criminal Defense Litigation and Appeal and Insurance Recovery for Policy Holders Practice Groups at…
On Dec. 1, 2015, new amendments for the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure go into effect for the first time…